Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Bought a 56 reg, 407 2.0HDL, couple of weeks ago, very nice car and liking it so far.

Developed a couple of faults this morning:

1) "Speed Control System Faullty"
2) "ESP/ASR System Faulty"

Dropped it off at the garage where I bought it from. Mechanic said "ah, yeah, it's because the weather has turned cold, will start getting faults now".

Oh, great. :(

Anyway, I have 6 months warranty that covers all sensors and well basically most things, so will see what happens. :thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
Dropped it off at the garage where I bought it from. Mechanic said "ah, yeah, it's because the weather has turned cold, will start getting faults now".
Utter b******s I'm afraid!

I had the exact same errors on mine...... new brake switch required :thumb:

If its not the brake switch, its an ABS sensor..... but if you don't have an ABS fault light on, I'd put money on the brake switch. Cost about £25ish from dealers.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still waiting for them to do a diagnostics test. Looking around it does sound like the brake switch. Will see what they say hopefully later today.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've experienced this!

Usually after pressing the brakes a bit hard on the motorway etc. I get the ESP/ASR warning pop up and stay there until I turn the car off.

The speed control error comes up when you still have cruise control engaged (for me anyway)

I'd be glad if it was just a brake sensor :) Need to get my stupid car plugged in to planet ASAP!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've experienced this!

Usually after pressing the brakes a bit hard on the motorway etc. I get the ESP/ASR warning pop up and stay there until I turn the car off.

The speed control error comes up when you still have cruise control engaged (for me anyway)

I'd be glad if it was just a brake sensor :) Need to get my stupid car plugged in to planet ASAP!
Yes, it was after hitting the brakes hard on the motorway this morning. I turned the car off when I could and turned back on again. Still had the ESP/ASR warning.

The speed error was also still there. If I turn off the cruise control it goes, turn it back on and it comes back.

Anyway, still waiting for the garage to call me. Was supposed to call me back by 12:00 noon :rolleyes:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Call from the garage. It is the brake pedal switch. Will hopefully order part now and fit it tomorrow.

I feel I may be using my 6 month warranty a few times.

J

·
0 Posts
Call from the garage. It is the brake pedal switch. Will hopefully order part now and fit it tomorrow.

I feel I may be using my 6 month warranty a few times.
:nod:

Cruise control causes the Speed Control System Faulty error because it relies on the brake pedal switch to deactivate cruise control should you touch the brakes.

ESP/ASR as it is all linked to braking :thumb:

Straightforward fix :thumb:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well dropped car off this morning for them to fix it and noticed a dent in the drivers door, which was not there when I dropped it off yesterday. I collected the car in the dark last night so didn't notice until this morning. :eek:

Difficult situation to say the least. :(

I explained to the service manager the situation. He said he will check the security cameras and let me know. I protested it was not there and must have been done in the car park of their workshop. Have they cameras in their workshop, I doubt it.

Left it at that.

Called the salesman who I bought the car from. Told him. He said will look now and call me back. 5 mins he called me back. Said "look, I am not even going to look at the cameras, I believe you. I will get the dent sorted and repaired for you. Don't worry about it. If you say we did it, we did it. Will try and get it done today, if not tomorrow. Will let you know"

Now, that is excellent service. :):thumb:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Said "look, I am not even going to look at the cameras, I believe you. I will get the dent sorted and repaired for you. Don't worry about it. If you say we did it, we did it. Will try and get it done today, if not tomorrow. Will let you know"

Now, that is excellent service. :):thumb:
Result! that sort of service is pretty rare!

Phil

1 - 13 of 13 Posts