Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK chaps. SWMBO's 307 (2006 1.6/90 non-FAP) refused to start this am. Cranked fine, but no injection. No odd warning lamps or messages but the fuel gauge was sitting @ E even tho there's a half-tank.
Removed key, locked, unlocked, re-tried. Same result.

Planet failed to work for me (I haven't used it for a bit and it demanded activation. I'll look at this later.), a generic tool showed no codes until I cranked for a sustained period (ten secs maybe?) and then popped up...
P1351

Reset the key once more, and it started fine. The fuel gauge immediately popped into life.

But isn't 1351 just for GPs? Shouldn't force a no-start surely.

Hopefully Planet will tell me more tonight, but anyone got any ideas for now? Random comms lockup?

·
11,725 Posts
Yep, glow plugs and relay. But if voltage is down due to continued cranking it will think there's a fault with them and put up this code.

I'd say its safe to ignore and clear.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, that was the phone call I *didn't* want. No start again, at the works carpark. So pick up kiddie, head for there, take a look.

Re-started at home perfectly before she left, drove perfectly the 7-odd miles there.

At least I seem to have got planet up and running again...

anybody got anything before I go?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Immo.

SWMBO's key no workey, mine OK. I'll delve into Planet later but that's the issue.

Likely it's just bounced off the floor too many times, but I see an Immo code from Betty in my future ;-)

·
5,665 Posts
next no start check for chime with keys in Ign and door open. This will show if BSI is seeing keys. Possible transponder ring they are dirt cheap from dealer (About £7.50 which is cheaper than second-hand on eBay :confused: ) and a common failure point with similar symptoms

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seems to be the key itself.

Odd thing is that this morning, there was no indication of an Immo issue; yet this evening I could repeatably bring up "antitheft faulty" on the central display by swapping from one key to the other.

Planet shows my key unlocking the Immo, Sandy's doesn't. Not that it's relevant, but the fob battery reads good. I'm waiting on a pincode from Martin and I'll attempt to realign the keys. If this'un doesn't come back online then, I'll know to source a new one...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to put this to bed- dodgy key wouldn't reprogram, so replacement purchased and programmed successfully.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ebay vendor "topfobs". Can't quite decide whether it's a very good knock-off or an actual OEM one without the Lion on the back. Either way it arrived pronto, was cheap, much stronger than the original one, and programmed fine.

Only point to note was I had to knock out the wee roll pin and swap the key blades over, the gubbins inside is very slightly different courtesy of a metal pivot tube that the spring goes inside. Dunno if maybe all the later keys are like this, ours were never changed under warranty AFAIK.

P

·
0 Posts
Ebay will usually be best place for a brand new virgin key. You could try Peugeot but expect to be charged top price. When I got mine off ebay cost £40. Took minutes to code it using planet :).

edit:

Actually been on servicebox just now, showing £22+vat for a brand new key with blade cut to code. All you'd have to do is link it to your car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cheers. Can I change from a 2 button remote fob with separate chip to a 2 button flip key with the transponder chip on the board?

Cheers

P

·
0 Posts
Cheers. Can I change from a 2 button remote fob with separate chip to a 2 button flip key with the transponder chip on the board?

Cheers
Depeneds what's available for your car. The above is for my 307, shows two different keys I can have, at a guess i would think one is flip one is not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts