Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed my 307 getting hotter than usual when idle over the last couple of weeks so decided to take a look at the coolant level, but i found that i can't even tell if its near max or min as the tank is a browny colour.

got a couple of pictures:

is this normal? what should i do about it? :confused:

S

·
0 Posts
Could be a few things here, first instinct would say flush cooling system and refill, then add new antifreeze

Systems can clog up like that with rust if its just pure water in the system, causing blockages etc etc

Worst case scenario would be head gasket, is the car smoking unusually from exhaust? Does the residue have an oily smell to it??

Either way it needs to be looked at sooner rather than later!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for quick Reply. on closer inspection iv Realised there was no Coolant fluid in there what so ever :nono:

so ill have to test it tomorrow, ill have to take it to the garage ASAP to have a Flush out. there is no smoke coming from the back and i cant smell oil so fingers cross.

again thanks.

J

·
0 Posts
Will need a good flush out... I expect a lot of that rusty material will have come from the radiator. No obvious leaks there?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
shoot me if am wrong here but wheres the level sensor??? :confused: i think thats missing are you getting any lights on the dash?
edited as i got what you meant now, no coolant related lights on dash that i have seen. other lights seem to be working fine.

when i put the car on peugeot planet it said there was an intermittant fault in cooling function, incorporated in engine management ecu.

does anyone know what the coolant capacity is for the 307? (1.4) as i filled it to above max and popped to local supermarket, after letting it cool again the level appears to be below minium in tank..im hoping this is because there was none in there and it has now circulated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts