Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you guessed it i filled up my hdi with petrol

i filled up and travelled home on the way home the anti pollution light came on which i thought was odd as i dont have a particulate filter.

i looked through my wallet in horror to find i had filled up 40 pounds of petrol

i pulled in and phoned the aa who charged me 220 pounds for the privalege

the guy was so nice we had a nice little chat

anyway i have been looking at measures to prevent this. i have seen this but it doesnt show it fits peugeots

anyone know why this is?

Halfords | FuelSure Diesel Fuel Cap

has anyone got one of these on there peugeot

·
Registered
399 Posts
I missed fuelled my mums smart CDI £40 rang a bloke up £70 then fuelled back up £55 £160 2hrs and didn't get to the pub! (Coke as I'm driving b4 some one says anything)
Never done it again since :thumb:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not much you can do I suppose. I always thought all cars were fitted so only the appropriate nozzle would fit, obviously not :p

·
11,992 Posts
Mis-fuelling coverage is usually only an extra few quid on top of basic breakdown cover. Getting that and key coverage (if you don't have a spare key held at a mate's or relative's house) is a good idea.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
never seen misfuelling coverage. the aa just charge you to come out

apparentely its alot of money for the license to have a tank in the back of the van

·
11,992 Posts
I've been using a company called ic Breakdown for years. It comes as standard on their Gold cover, which is only £70 and gives the following:

Roadside assistance
Local Recovery
Full UK Recovery
Message service
Emergency travel / accommodation
Caravan / trailer service
Home Start
Key service
European Cover

Or just a fiver extra on their cheaper cover, which starts at £29.

Insurance Choice Breakdown Cover - UK Rescue and Recovery, car breakdown, motorcycle breakdown, van breakdown, taxi breakdown, courier breakdown, minibus breakdown, motorhome breakdown, cover, insurance, breakdwon, UK

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
is that for a specific car?

with the aa me and my partner are covered in any car as a driver or passenger. its too much hassle having specific cars

C

·
0 Posts
I use GEM breakdown and have done for last 5 or 6 years £85 covers me and the missus in any car.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I've been using a company called ic Breakdown for years. It comes as standard on their Gold cover, which is only £70 and gives the following:

Roadside assistance
Local Recovery
Full UK Recovery
Message service
Emergency travel / accommodation
Caravan / trailer service
Home Start
Key service
European Cover

Or just a fiver extra on their cheaper cover, which starts at £29.

Insurance Choice Breakdown Cover - UK Rescue and Recovery, car breakdown, motorcycle breakdown, van breakdown, taxi breakdown, courier breakdown, minibus breakdown, motorhome breakdown, cover, insurance, breakdwon, UK
Have you had them out to a brake down? If so how good/quick are they at getting there? I'm with the Rac and pay a lot more than that but they have been very good when I've needed them in the past:thumb:

·
11,992 Posts
I rang them once for a flat battery on a Friday at 4.45pm. They got to me within 40 minutes.

I'm fairly handy with cars so all I need is basic coverage to get me off the motorway and back to my house or my favourite garage, and this fits the bill perfectly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts