Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2003 GTi180. It's developing a mind of it's own and is starting to drive me nuts!! Here's the story:

26th Dec driving along the motorway the EM throws up an ESP fault. I got to a roundabout at the end of the M/way, turned off the ignition and started the car, fault cleared. Parked the car up and next day it wouldn't start. Got a push and it started no problem.

The car was then parked up for 10 days in temps of -6. First time I tried to start it on 6th Jan she started 1st time.

It would then start one day and not the next or start, I'd drive a few miles, park and then not start

I was told to change the battery, which I did. Next day, wouldn't start :(

I'm now showing a constant Airbag fault and sometimes I get the ESP fault.

Here's the really odd part:

1 week ago I tried to start her. Nothing
I turned on the lights, turned them off and tried again. The thing started up :lol: This has worked a few times :rolleyes:

Every time I need to bump or jump start it she starts first time.

Any ideas what could be causing this. I'm expecting "how long is piece of string" but narrowing it down would be good if possible:thumb:

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bettyswollocks said:
Starter motor? Did you get the codes read?

No codes were read. By EM I meant the in-car message on the console display.

I'd really doubt if the starter motor was the cause. Again today it wouldn't start, a couple on on/offs with the headlights and it fired up!!!

It's doing my head in

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bettyswollocks said:
Maybe an earth ,but you really need codes read by dealer or someone with planet in your area.

Kinda thought that tbh but just wanted to see could it be narrowed down before risking the wrath of the rip of dealer :rolleyes: I'm in Meath so there's loads of Pug dealers about

Thanks for yer help

If anyone else can throw some light on it I'd appreciate your thoughts :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts