Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought myself a GTi-6, and it goes like shit! I have decided to use this car for track days, and hill climbs, but I was wondering what mods were best for the car.

I'm looking for the best mods for suspension, engine etc.

I've put on Mintex performance discs and pads

Ideas?:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Depends how much you want to spend and how much work you want to do.

Hill climbs you want the best power/weight ratio you can, so any weight saved is performanced gained!
Things like removing carpets and back seats will save you a surprising amount of weight. Then you could go to perspex windows, removing the dash and heater matrix - you'd have to change your plumbing on the engine for the latter. Purpose built racing seats are usually lighter than OE seats.

If you just want to go more power, a remap is always a good way to go - make sure its done after any changes to the engine to make the most of them. Some engine tuning will require a remap or the engine won't run!
K&N air filters are not always best - i know someone who fitted one to an evo and lost almost 20 BHP!!! If you do fit one, it will always work best with a cold air feed.
Any torque you can gain will help pulling up hills.
It can be better to sacrafice a top speed you can't reach, for acceleration you will be using - this would go down to changing the gear ratio's (new cogs in the gearbox).

Suspension wise, lowering it can be bad thing. It puts the angles in the suspension geometry out, putting stress in places that were not designed to take it.

Hope i've helped, even if its just a little bit. Everything there is pretty general, and i could talk for hours about what i would do to my pug if i had the money and materials/tools.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts