Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 180 off a friend it was parked up 4 years ago all working but now won’t start I’ve put a new battery in the key and the locking works , I’ve put a new battery on the car to , anyone help ? I’ve done a BSI reset and had no luck , it’s says eco mode active climate control isn’t lit up and doesn’t work neither does the wipers, side lights work and so dose the main beam if you hold it on but no diped , the car tuns over fine and the fuel pump primes and there’s is pressure in the rail as the valve squirts out if I press it , I’ve plugged snap on diagnostics in and looked on the bsi and it said the keys are recognised and systems are functioning, only thing is that it isn’t reading battery vaults , spark plugs are fine , is there a way to test the coil pac or if someone knows what wire should be powering up the coil pack ? Any help would be much appreciated I’m talking a power probe home from work later and will have a look in to it but any clues things to try or things not to do would be welcome
Thanks
Olly
Font Gadget Technology Electronic device Display device

·
Registered
77 Posts
after 4 years wiring connections/ fuses could be corroded. Take of and clean as many as can. Poor connections on crank sensor/ coolant temp etc can cause starting problems. If there enough stretch in the coil wiring you might be able to fit inline spark testers but earth the coil pack if necessary. Check mice haven't made a nest in air intake!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
after 4 years wiring connections/ fuses could be corroded. Take of and clean as many as can. Poor connections on crank sensor/ coolant temp etc can cause starting problems. If there enough stretch in the coil wiring you might be able to fit inline spark testers but earth the coil pack if necessary. Check mice haven't made a nest in air intake!
where is the crank sensor located On the 180 ? It doesn’t even attempt to fire , and the coil pack is the long one on top of the plugs with a plug on the end not coil to wire , will have another look tonight I have checked fuses unless there’s some hidden ones I don’t no about
Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
cranksensor is probably close to the flywheel but I'm not sure. Coil packs are awkward to check but at least make sure connections are sound. Get what info you can of a scanner. If you release the fuel pressure with ignition on and then try starting - then check fuel pressure. No pressure would indicate the ecu doesn't detect engine is turning so won't deliver fuel or spark ie no crank sensor pulse is a possibility.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m working on the car now the fuel pump primes but dose not continue to pump when turning over I’ve pulled the plug on the crank sensor looks fine I will take the sensor out and give it a clean perhaps presuming I’m doing. The right one ! It’s on the top side flywheel side just tucked under the head ?

·
Registered
77 Posts
that's probably it.Are there 3 wires to it? If you have a multimeter with frequency measuring you should be able to see (a) if there is power and earth and (b) if there is a pulse. Wires should be power, earth and pulse signal. But I'm not sure on your car

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that's probably it.Are there 3 wires to it? If you have a multimeter with frequency measuring you should be able to see (a) if there is power and earth and (b) if there is a pulse. Wires should be power, earth and pulse signal. But I'm not sure on your car
there are only 2 wires to it I unplugged it and sorted it up and plugged in again still no luck I will take the sensor out tomorrow hopefully and check it

·
Registered
77 Posts
have a look on somewhere like gsf carparts and see if the sensor for your car looks the same as the sensor you're checking and has 2 wires

1 - 9 of 9 Posts