Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a GT Line but like the black lower center part of the GT bumper. My last car had this area black too.

Pic for reference. https://www.robinsandday.co.uk/used-vehicles/201902195092000/peugeot-308-hatchback-20-bluehdi-gt-eat-ss-5dr-bg68xuv

I went to my local parts dept and its showing as a trim piece, even though on a GTI I looked at it looked like a sticker. Part number - 16 276 810 80 for the black one and its about £70!

You can see in these pics it looks like a sticker, same as the one in show room I looked at. https://i.atcdn.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=a707f5216e864e5aa20ce71ec6f5d11d

Anyone done this to theirs. Also asked about the black GTI grill surround - £130

How does the grill come off?

I know i could wrap the lower part, but thought this would be correct fitment.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it exact size I take it? I tried wrapping it but the angles/corners and application were too much for my basic wrap skills.

Do you have same part number?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, that looks like some trim needs to be removed for the holes. No sure how the lower front grill comes out but underneath should be easy enough. :confused:

Or maybe you just peel off the center part and fit that? The ones Ive looked at don't seem to go right under the car.

Have you went and looked at any?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah the middle piece is cut separately from all the edge bits with holes so will just peel away on its own. It’s probably just a case of getting it straight and tight against the lower grill. My car is white so it would look a mess if it didn’t get it right. Also it’s the most expensive sticker I’ve ever bought ?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yeah I did think it was expensive too. The parts guy said its a bumper 'trim'. I told him its actually a sticker and even he was bit surprised!!

Like you say, get the grill edge right and that should be it. You could cut all the excess sticker parts away so that you can leave the backing on for a test against the area? Peel a bit back to stick near the grill when happy, then work down from there, peeling as you go?

What did you pay if you don't mind?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts