Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're just about to order either an Allure or a GT Line, can anyone tell me about the contrasting stitching on the GT Line seats? All of the cars we've been in have orange/copper stitching and have been copper cars. We're looking at either Nimbus or Pearl White, would these come with copper stitching too or would they come with grey/white to match the exterior paint?

·
Administrator
2,831 Posts
All the GT Line have the Copper stitching irrespective of car colour.

I vote you go for the Nimbus Grey as I'm biased as I've just taken delivery of mine three days ago and it's stunning.

Paul

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Yes, the Pearlescent also has the same colour stitching.
I saw a GT Line in Pearlescent in the showroom. I loved it that much I just knew that was my colour choice.

However, no matter what colour you choose you and all others will appreciate it I am sure.:)

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
There is a lot of criticism on the French forums for yet another trim change to the 3008. Again caused by the fire at Recticel.

Apparently GT Line models are coming through without any of the double stitching on the dashboard. Photos are appearing of cars with just a plain dash.

That's a shame as the dash stitching is something that people often point out to me they really like.

This article seems to confirm that:

Peugeot modifie la finition GT-Line sur les 3008 et 5008 - Forum-Peugeot.com

It'll be interesting if any UK owners start to see this on our 3008's?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
There is a lot of criticism on the French forums for yet another trim change to the 3008. Again caused by the fire at Recticel.

Apparently GT Line models are coming through without any of the double stitching on the dashboard. Photos are appearing of cars with just a plain dash.

That's a shame as the dash stitching is something that people often point out to me they really like.

Oh Eck!!!! (Polite way of saying what I can not print here).

This is the English translation:- https://translate.google.com/transl...m/peugeot-modifie-finition-gt-line-3008-5008/

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Mine was a late June build/July delivery and it definately has the contrasting stiching on the dash

·
Registered
41 Posts

I've just been informed that that Peugeot want to deliver mine without the contrasting stitching. I've tried to attach a photo. They are offering to knock off £500 as compensation or deliver later.

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
The link to the translated page implied the stitching had been removed from the GT Line trim level (albeit through lack of choice due to circumstance) and would have the effect of making the GT more exclusive.

However, the GT Line that I test drove did have that nice stitching. The UK brochure still does say - "Aikinite contrast stitching to armrest, gear lever gaiter and dashboard facia" - so I expect to get it with the car that arrives. :)

If it doesn't then I'd like £500 or more. I don't think I could hack further delay. But I know these kinds of small things can be things that niggle at you forever.

·
Registered
41 Posts
They said I could have it but there would be delay of several weeks from early September to Oct/Nov. Not sure now. Might go and see one in a showroom again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
183 Posts
Money is just money, and transitory. Stitching is forever. Well, you know what I mean. If you get the money you'll get spend it on something else worthless. Good luck. I would ask for the stitching and the £500, as compensation for the delay and ask them to hang their heads in shame for trying to fob you off with a sub-trim car. ;)

I've downloaded that PDF brochure as of today... just in case it becomes a GT exclusive (somehow) between now and then.

·
Registered
3 Posts
just ordered a GT-Line over the weekend and tbh I never noticed the dashboard stitching in the demo. Does anyone know if cars made now come with or without the dashboard stitching. Just checked the brochure and that still states stiching to steering wheel, gearlever gaitor and dashboard

·
Registered
486 Posts
just ordered a GT-Line over the weekend and tbh I never noticed the dashboard stitching in the demo. Does anyone know if cars made now come with or without the dashboard stitching. Just checked the brochure and that still states stiching to steering wheel, gearlever gaitor and dashboard
Yes it does.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts