Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
765 Posts
As you know, if you choose Grip Control you also get 18” LOS ANGELES wheels with all season tires.

Do you know if they are any good for a snowy weather? Like real snow, not French snowy. :)
I believe they are as good as any other winter tyre. Lot's of reviews show them in use on quite snowy terrain. Snow/Mud tyres have more natural rubber so they warm up faster and have larger tread blocks, so are usually very squirmy on summer dry roads. Think I will change mine out for summer tyres asap.

· Registered
765 Posts
I thought Snow and Mud tyres were a halfway house between Summer and Winter tyres. This article in the Telegraph is worth a read, it's from 2011 so not sure if things have changed.

Getting to grips with winter tyres - Telegraph
Good article. Makes me wonder whether some of the video reviews in snow were actually using M+S or Winter tyres, I guess what the car comes with may vary between regions.

· Registered
136 Posts
Good article. Makes me wonder whether some of the video reviews in snow were actually using M+S or Winter tyres, I guess what the car comes with may vary between regions.
I think the M±S tyres are good in soft snow but not any better than summer tyres on Ice or frost or indeed temperatures below 7 degrees

· Registered
4 Posts
GT-line with Grip Control

Not yet got my GT-line but I have had a look at one in a local showroom with Grip Control. They are fitted with Continental ContiCrossContact LX2 tyres and when checked out on the web, one review highlighted

“in terms of longevity the LX2 tyre is hard to beat: 19,000 miles and 7mm of tread remains! Dry and wet road grip is very good too, and I can't fault their traction and grip on snow either (they're labelled 'M&S'). Unfortunately, they're not 'all-season', so once the temperature drops below 4deg C they become increasingly noisy and harsh (at -10deg C they sound and feel as though they're running flat). Grip on compacted snow, icy or greasy roads suffers too. As I've racked-up the miles the LX2s have also become noisier at normal temperatures. I'd happily trade some of their high-mileage capability for more cold-weather/all-season versatility if I'm honest.”

Thought I would share as I have found the review site good in the past. I live in Devon so I don’t think I will worry to much about the -10deg C issue.

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not yet got my GT-line but I have had a look at one in a local showroom with Grip Control. They are fitted with Continental ContiCrossContact LX2 tyres and when checked out on the web, one review highlighted

“in terms of longevity the LX2 tyre is hard to beat: 19,000 miles and 7mm of tread remains! Dry and wet road grip is very good too, and I can't fault their traction and grip on snow either (they're labelled 'M&S'). Unfortunately, they're not 'all-season', so once the temperature drops below 4deg C they become increasingly noisy and harsh (at -10deg C they sound and feel as though they're running flat). Grip on compacted snow, icy or greasy roads suffers too. As I've racked-up the miles the LX2s have also become noisier at normal temperatures. I'd happily trade some of their high-mileage capability for more cold-weather/all-season versatility if I'm honest.”

Thought I would share as I have found the review site good in the past. I live in Devon so I don’t think I will worry to much about the -10deg C issue.

Damn, where I live we get also -20 and -30 winters.

I think I should invest in winter tyres then :)

· Registered
64 Posts
Yes, but if you live in the South East of the UK like me, unless you live on a muddy lane or sandy outcrop, you will only ever need Grip Control once every 3-5 years. That's not good value for money at all, in fact its just a gimmick and I have it on mine - a free extra.

· Registered
420 Posts
I am from Norway, so we might have different rules than you guys.

However our climate is almost the same, so I thought I should mention that the M+S tires are summer tyres in Norway. They are not good enough to be winter tyres.

· Registered
1,103 Posts
Has anyone ever actually tested one of the Grip Control functions in real life? I have it on my 5008 1.6 BHDi GT Line, but from my experience I really don't expect it to be anything special, rather just some small tweaks to the already existing ESP/ASR system in the car.

But it would be interresting to know, if anyone actually went out and tested it :)

· Registered
1,243 Posts
Has anyone ever actually tested one of the Grip Control functions in real life? I have it on my 5008 1.6 BHDi GT Line, but from my experience I really don't expect it to be anything special, rather just some small tweaks to the already existing ESP/ASR system in the car.

But it would be interresting to know, if anyone actually went out and tested it :)
If you select ‘sand’ it’ll ensure no wheel is braked.
If you cross a rocky surface it’ll ensure no front wheel spins.

These are low speed manipulations of a higher speed stability system and requirement.

· Registered
1,103 Posts
If you select ‘sand’ it’ll ensure no wheel is braked.
If you cross a rocky surface it’ll ensure no front wheel spins.

These are low speed manipulations of a higher speed stability system and requirement.
Interresting, I guess I will test it myself also in a few weeks, when I get some free time to roam around the country a little bit :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.