Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've seen a few people ask and there hasn't been a definite answer.

Does anybody know if the GTI grille with the centre badge would fit as a standard replacement for the allure grille?

Thanks everyone!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello, I've seen a few people ask and there hasn't been a definite answer.

Does anybody know if the GTI grille with the centre badge would fit as a standard replacement for the allure grille?

Thanks everyone!

Yes. I´ve done it on my GT.:thumb:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. I´ve done it on my GT.:thumb:
Cheers, mate.

Loads of people asking but no answers or guides to advise if it's been done.

Looks like I'll be having to buy one. Did you get yours from anywhere in particular?

·
Registered
43 Posts
OP sorry mate saw your post on my thread but thanks for asking specifically! Really interested to know how people have done this, I also assume that if we want the badge off the Bonnet it has holes and so for a proper job these would need filling?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don’t have the part number. It’s the gti grille from the 2014 308.

I’ve attached a picture of one on the 2015 model (should fit, I presume)

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think I have got the correct part the chrome trim around the grill comes separate.

It comes with the red lettering

Here is the link https://www.peugeotpartsdirect.co.uk/parts/peugeot-308-range/peugeot-308-gti/308-gti-exterior-interior/peugeot-308-chrome-gt-grille-surround/

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think I have got the correct part the chrome trim around the grill comes separate.

It comes with the red lettering

Here is the link https://www.peugeotpartsdirect.co.uk/parts/peugeot-308-range/peugeot-308-gti/308-gti-exterior-interior/peugeot-308-chrome-gt-grille-surround/
Looks like 70 (grill) and 10 (lower grill) from that pic that we'd need, in either GT or GTI spec (depending on preference)

I have seen from other pics that the actual grill has those fin type things on which I think secure onto the back of the bumper, so seems a bumper off job.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like 70 (grill) and 10 (lower grill) from that pic that we'd need, in either GT or GTI spec (depending on preference)

I have seen from other pics that the actual grill has those fin type things on which I think secure onto the back of the bumper, so seems a bumper off job.

I have days where I hate it and ‘need’ the GT grille and days where I’m not too fussed. Might be easier to convince the missus that she needs mine and I need a new one :p

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have days where I hate it and ‘need’ the GT grille and days where I’m not too fussed. Might be easier to convince the missus that she needs mine and I need a new one :p

I am torn between doing all this work, and just buying what I want.. but then that isn't so fun, and I'd still want to do something.

Tell you what a quick win is, I painted the chrome trim that surrounds the fog lights matte black to match the plastic trim surrounding the fogs... makes a massive difference if you like that look (but depends on the colour of your car...)

I am eventually going for a complete de chrome, assuming I don't sell it first :)

IMG_0449 by Jamie Ringsell, on Flickr

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am torn between doing all this work, and just buying what I want.. but then that isn't so fun, and I'd still want to do something.

Tell you what a quick win is, I painted the chrome trim that surrounds the fog lights matte black to match the plastic trim surrounding the fogs... makes a massive difference if you like that look (but depends on the colour of your car...)

I am eventually going for a complete de chrome, assuming I don't sell it first :)

IMG_0449 by Jamie Ringsell, on Flickr
It does look good. I used to have a silver golf and the roof was black, mirrors black, grille and badges black. It looked ace, the mk4 golf was a meaner looking car though!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts