Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Hello!

Having spent some time running an old Jaguar I certainly discovered the joy and value of a good forum so I'm delighted to have found one full of PugHeads:)

So despite my foray into the world of old British tinworm magnets - from a 1970 Mini (my first car) through to a 1982 Rover SD1 and on to a 1994 Jaguar Sovereign - and not forgetting a period of very costly Audi madness, the longest lasting vehicles I've ever owned have been Peugeot.

I fondly remember my 405 estate, an ex-taxi that had been to the moon and back and I still have my old 1989 1100cc 5-door 205GL sitting on my driveway in Hampshire. Both of them have been called "Pug" and that's why I'm a PugHead.

Life moves on and I find myself now based in Central London. Without a driveway to work on my rustbuckets I find it time to get something reliable, low emissions, economical and compact. So for me it's going to be another Peugeot and I reckon the 207SW 1.6L petrol will fit the bill for me in terms of practicality and everything else.

I kind of like that panoramic roof that many reviewers call a gimmick. I like the tailgate with the opening window and I like its overall proportions. It just looks good to me from every angle. Hey, maybe I should go to Specsavers but I like it!;) And, for me, I can fit a usefull mobile PA in the back to take my sound engineering on the road to supplement my income from the two music venues I work at on Brick Lane in East London.

So I shall lurk and trawl posts on my prospective new friend. Thank you to the admins for making this forum happen and I hope one day to play my part in making this a resource for fellow PugHeads everywhere.

Warm regards,
Ivor Davies

·
Registered
2017 2008 1.2 Auto petrol in metallic dark green
945 Posts
.......and welcome to the forum from me too Ivor.....:thumb:

Good luck with the new 207SW when you finally get it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts