Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a big thank you to all on here who contribute such good advice. I don't know how I would have dealt with my dealership & Peugeot without such. The battle continues but I have made so much ground and can now see the light at the end of the tunnel.
My car is absolutely lovely to drive and very comfortable. I did not want to lose such a machine and now it looks like it is staying.
Thank you all so very much for your assistance and humour.
Excellent forum with some really good helpful members.
:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Always happy to help, as I'm sure other members are too. Really pleased you have it nearly all sorted out, and that you have decided to keep the car. The problem with rejecting it and going with another brand is that none of the other brands offer such an attractive package, especially at the price. My one real concern with the 3008 isn't the car itself, but the complete and utter lack of knowledge displayed by far too many Peugeot dealers. Unless there is a fault at Peugeot France, or a fault in the car itself (which isn't that likely), connecting Tom Tom Live is really simple. How will they cope if something much more complex, and connected to the 3008's new technology, goes wrong. Let's hope they get up to speed with this car asap.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Always happy to help, as I'm sure other members are too. Really pleased you have it nearly all sorted out, and that you have decided to keep the car. The problem with rejecting it and going with another brand is that none of the other brands offer such an attractive package, especially at the price. My one real concern with the 3008 isn't the car itself, but the complete and utter lack of knowledge displayed by far too many Peugeot dealers. Unless there is a fault at Peugeot France, or a fault in the car itself (which isn't that likely), connecting Tom Tom Live is really simple. How will they cope if something much more complex, and connected to the 3008's new technology, goes wrong. Let's hope they get up to speed with this car asap.
Very true, Lee, this is my main concern. Dealerships just want to sell cars as many & as quickly as possible. These days the car is a mobile computer (soon the steering wheel will contain all the necessary IT & be removable as in F1). They all need to get with the programme! The hardware on the car is superb, the software is probably as good if the dealership knew how to 'deal' with it.
With regard to my dealership, I have given them a little bit of leeway as they took over the original dealership, Bristol Street Motors, just after we ordered the car in March. I believe a lot of communication, emails and the like, between the dealership & Peugeot disappeared into the ether. I am convinced from conversations I've had that they were unaware of the Simon Brooke directive for one. All of a sudden, according to my contact, training courses, particularly with regard to Tom Tom registration & activation have been offered.
One up for the customer and a benefit to future buyers :thumb:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
As I said a few months ago, when I spoke to the MD's office and told them my dealer was unaware of Tom Tom Live, let alone how to connect it, they were absolutely stunned. Comprehensive connection instructions were sent out to each dealer well in advance of cars starting to be delivered. When I complained he arranged to have them sent out to all dealers again.
My dealer e-mailed me the original setup instructions, and they really were very simple to follow. Apparently though, Peugeot had to issue a further set of simplified instructions (Tom Tom Live for Dummies) because many of them still couldn't work it out.
I know a few owners (including yourself) are still waiting for connection, but as many of us have Live Services running, it is hard to believe there is a fault at Peugeot in France. It's also unlikely all these cars have faulty modules and SIM cards. That's why I'm convinced it's the dealers, and some of the big ediots they have working for them. From the looks of it Peugeot have come to the same conclusion, hence the new training courses being set up.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Just a big thank you to all on here who contribute such good advice. I don't know how I would have dealt with my dealership & Peugeot without such. The battle continues but I have made so much ground and can now see the light at the end of the tunnel.
My car is absolutely lovely to drive and very comfortable. I did not want to lose such a machine and now it looks like it is staying.
Thank you all so very much for your assistance and humour.
Excellent forum with some really good helpful members.
:thumb::thumb:
The best way of saying thanks would be to go through your list of issues and state how/what resolved them, so that others can benefit. It sounded like you had a huge list of issues so I'd certainly be keen to hear what changed.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
It seems many dealerships are being dragged kicking and screaming into the third millennium by this ripper 3008.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The best way of saying thanks would be to go through your list of issues and state how/what resolved them, so that others can benefit. It sounded like you had a huge list of issues so I'd certainly be keen to hear what changed.
You are right but unfortunately, as of yesterday, one of the main issues that I thought had been resolved has reappeared. I could not unlock my car with the remote! This is the most irritating problem with the vehicle because it has happens intermittently. When I took the car back to the dealer they could not find anything wrong with it. In fact, whilst there and for the first time ever, it also locked itself as we were talking to the chief technical mechanic!
The Tom Tom issue should be sorted today, but I am not holding my breath.
In truth, at the moment, not many issues have been resolved. The only good thing about the car is that it is such a joy to drive and is so comfortable.

·
Registered
765 Posts
You are right but unfortunately, as of yesterday, one of the main issues that I thought had been resolved has reappeared. I could not unlock my car with the remote! This is the most irritating problem with the vehicle because it has happens intermittently. When I took the car back to the dealer they could not find anything wrong with it. In fact, whilst there and for the IRS time ever, it also locked itself as we were talking to the chief technical mechanic!
The Tom Tom issue should be sorted today, but I am not holding my breath.
In truth, at the moment, not many issues have been resolved. The only good thing about the car is that it is such a joy to drive and is so comfortable.
I sold my current car this week, it has the same keyless entry system albeit on all four door handles. For the first time since buying it when showing the buyer the car he had both fobs in his hand, and left one inside the car. Then he set the alarm off and the other fob wouldn't work to stop/unlock/lock the car. Clearly there is some sort of affinity with the fob that is used to open the car and things get a bit screwy if both are near.

Just wondered if you had the second fob somewhere in house safe and only use the one fob at all times.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I sold my current car this week, it has the same keyless entry system albeit on all four door handles. For the first time since buying it when showing the buyer the car he had both fobs in his hand, and left one inside the car. Then he set the alarm off and the other fob wouldn't work to stop/unlock/lock the car. Clearly there is some sort of affinity with the fob that is used to open the car and things get a bit screwy if both are near.

Just wondered if you had the second fob somewhere in house safe and only use the one fob at all times.
Hi,
My car does not have a keyless entry system but I have been made aware re the fobs being in close proximity. I wish the answer was that simple but it isn't :(
Just had a call to take it in for another look at. Here's hoping :thumb:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How did you get on with the locking issue Mike?
Went there this pm. Saw Sam who had registered the Tom Tom, went through setting it up in the car while I was there and some time later it was live. Big plus!
Tony, the manager had a look at the locking, manage to lock it with remote, unlock it and let it lock itself. All worked fine, couldn't fine anything wrong with it. Worked fine for a few hours then when I was home, went to unlock it and guess what......I had to use the key :mad::mad::mad:
Back we go tomorrow :thumb:
Sam is now coursed up re the Tom Tom & I believe that by the time you pick yours up it will be set up properly.
Bloomin' locking is getting into my head so much so I am beginning to believe it's something I'm doing wrong but what?
I do nobody else has the problem. I was half mad before it happened now I'm getting to fully barking!
Mike

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Went there this pm. Saw Sam who had registered the Tom Tom, went through setting it up in the car while I was there and some time later it was live. Big plus!
Tony, the manager had a look at the locking, manage to lock it with remote, unlock it and let it lock itself. All worked fine, couldn't fine anything wrong with it. Worked fine for a few hours then when I was home, went to unlock it and guess what......I had to use the key :mad::mad::mad:
Back we go tomorrow :thumb:
Sam is now coursed up re the Tom Tom & I believe that by the time you pick yours up it will be set up properly.
Bloomin' locking is getting into my head so much so I am beginning to believe it's something I'm doing wrong but what?
I do nobody else has the problem. I was half mad before it happened now I'm getting to fully barking!
Mike
I can't remember but have you tried the other FOB ......BUT first move the one you normally use way way out of connection just so it can't interfere with the other one?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Is it both fobs or just the one ?

Does it do this only when parked at home ? or have you had it at numerous other places - thinking possible radio interference.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can't remember but have you tried the other FOB ......BUT first move the one you normally use way way out of connection just so it can't interfere with the other one?
Thanks, Mike, but I have tried everything. I was told about about the fobs, near vicinity etc. Baffled!
Never mind, feeling positive for a change so that's a good thing. :thumb:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is it both fobs or just the one ?

Does it do this only when parked at home ? or have you had it at numerous other places - thinking possible radio interference.
Interesting thought, it almost always does it at home but yesterday I was miles away and it still did it :eek:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
There is a possibility the car has an intermittent receiver. Depending on things like voltage, heat, other infra red transmitters or even fobs with poor transmission signals it can all effect the cars receiver.
A system diagnostics check should find any errors.
In fact if I had the vehicle with me the first thing I would do is disconnect the battery for at least 30 minutes to purge the system of any gremlins.
Next I would take out the battery from the fob.
Finally I would reconnect the cars battery then the fob and see how things go.

The problem here though is this is so intermittent you can't really go though any check procedure.
All the dealer can do is check the sensor, remap the fobs, replace the IR sensor that picks up the cars fobs and lastly replace the batteries in the fobs.

Little things have a habit of growing into the itch you just can't reach.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
There is a possibility the car has an intermittent receiver. Depending on things like voltage, heat, other infra red transmitters or even fobs with poor transmission signals it can all effect the cars receiver.
A system diagnostics check should find any errors.
In fact if I had the vehicle with me the first thing I would do is disconnect the battery for at least 30 minutes to purge the system of any gremlins.
Next I would take out the battery from the fob.
Finally I would reconnect the cars battery then the fob and see how things go.

The problem here though is this is so intermittent you can't really go though any check procedure.
All the dealer can do is check the sensor, remap the fobs, replace the IR sensor that picks up the cars fobs and lastly replace the batteries in the fobs.

Little things have a habit of growing into the itch you just can't reach.
.....and all our computer problems come with wheels now.
The 30 minute reboot sounds like what I read elsewhere :thumb:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Depending on things like voltage, heat, other infra red transmitters.....replace the IR sensor that picks up the cars fobs
Not Infra Red but uses radio frequency.

Interestingly the manual states "Do not repeatedly press the buttons of your remote control out of range and out of sight of your vehicle. You run the risk of stopping it from working and the remote control would have to be reinitialised."

Do both fobs have this problem or just one.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts