Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, our new 2008 308 16 VTi is fine but we cannot use our smartphones for GPS/Sat-nav. It seems it's related to the athermic glass that is built into the windscreen and the panoramic roof.
Does anyone know of any fix for this? I was hoping there may be an internal aerial that we could mount in the rear (I'm guessing the rear window is not athermic due to the heating elements within the glass). I'm hoping to avoid an external aerial but would consider it if it would be guaranteed that it would fix the issue.
Any ideas would be appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to you both - this looks like the best route. I'd searched on-line last night and this seemed like the only solution but it's good that it's confirmed. And you're correct - these seem pretty rare. I'm surprised at that - I'd have thought that many other people would have the same issue as me.

I'd be interested to hear some feedback from someone who bought one of these devices.

If I go with it - and there seems no other option - I'll update this thread with the result.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Thanks to you both - this looks like the best route. I'd searched on-line last night and this seemed like the only solution but it's good that it's confirmed. And you're correct - these seem pretty rare. I'm surprised at that - I'd have thought that many other people would have the same issue as me.

I'd be interested to hear some feedback from someone who bought one of these devices.

If I go with it - and there seems no other option - I'll update this thread with the result.

Thanks again.
It's a legal issue, hence them being pretty rare. Probably to do with them technically being a transmitter, and since GPS, at least US GPS frequency is reserved for orbiting GPS satellites only. Blame the FCC! :)

Phil

·
Registered
430 Posts
Have a 308 SE with all that glass gubbins ---but I'm clever , I bought a £2.99 road Atlas .
& being an ex bus driver & living on a very small Island ( UK ) I never get lost for more then 2 minutes---More than I can say for sat Nav drivers !!

·
5,071 Posts
Have a 308 SE with all that glass gubbins ---but I'm clever , I bought a £2.99 road Atlas .
& being an ex bus driver & living on a very small Island ( UK ) I never get lost for more then 2 minutes---More than I can say for sat Nav drivers !!
ahh BUT , Bus-drivers use regular routes :rolleyes: My Tomtom is on from 6am until i get home bout 5pm and just follows me round, shouting out when neede about speed-camera's, red-light camera's the current speed limit of the road i'm on and occasionally, just occasionally tells me where a new delivery point might be. i always know roughly whereabouts it is (20+ as a van-driver) its just the last 1/4 mile thats the important bit and it is wonderful at knowing one-way systems etc.

Dont use it in the car except for the annual holiday's when its useful for places of interest, carparking etc,etc,etc

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re-radiating GPS

confirmation for anyone who may read this thread in the future - the re-radiating kit works perfectly - we now never lose GPS signal. thanks for all the contributions :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts