Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

As per the title, doing a little work on a renault trafic 2012 which i believe uses the newer peugeot engines rather than the renault ones.

Anyone ever bled the coolant system on these? if so any idea if and where the bleeding valve is? The old fashioned pumping the pipe method doesnt seem to work.

Appreciate your input if you have done this procedure before on this vehicle?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
It will be a Nissan engine but there are bleed screws on the heater pipes usually and 1 in the top rad pipe.

If you are struggling just drain it and refill while its running this usually works

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will be a Nissan engine but there are bleed screws on the heater pipes usually and 1 in the top rad pipe.

If you are struggling just drain it and refill while its running this usually works
Had a hunt around couldnt find any bleed valves. Theres 2 on the rad i can see top and bottom thats it. Are you sure its a nissan engine?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Yep 1.9 is Renault engine 2 litre is Nissan M9R engine refill slowly with top screw open and engine running heater on full heat blower on rev a few times and once you get heat in heater turn off top up jobs done.

bleeds on heater pipes may only be Renault engine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to let those interested know.

I simply ended up taking the expansion bottle off. Stuck the heaters on HOT and full blast and drove the van for 5 minutes around the block. Few bubbles from expansion bottle and eventually the heaters started getting hot. Topped up water again and went for another small spin and all sorted.

No need to bleed the system via bleed valves :)

Of course if you have easy access to bleed valves, prob just as easy to bleed the system via that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts