Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps,
I just bought a 106 xsi 1.6l 8v phase 1. The car is in good condition for it's age and price. Anyway i plan to use it for local hillclimb.

I have some questions though.
- Does the steering column have an adjustment? as i have a little play when in the shaft. When steering lock is on play is gone. I removed the wheel and indicator stalks but could not see anywhere to tighten. Is this part servicable? or should i look for a new one?

The brakes feel weird for some reason - the pedal feels soft and spongy (i have been driving abs cars recently) but it still feels weird. should i look at the flexibles?

2nd gear is really hard to find. I have to go further to the left then 1st is it on all 106? or just mine? it's in a really awkward place and i missed it a couple of times.

the standardelectric fan has seen better days, any particular brands i should look at that maybe do well with pugs or just anything?

fuel gauge has a mind of it's own when i turn it reads more or less depending on what side is this part of it's character or is there a fix for it?

Last thing the oil pressure gauge (i m assuming it's oil pressure it's on the opposite side of the temp gauge) reads max or 0. on ignition it's bottom as soon as i start it maxes out and stays there till i switch off. Anyone knows where it's sensor is? or does it take a feed from the ecu directly?

Thanks for your help.
Daniel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
answer on ur brakes and fuel gauge

fuel gauge are temperamental mine reads different which ever way i park so what i do is just make a mental note with the taco

ur breaks could be a number a couple of things - they might just need a good bleed (or taken in a bit of air )try bleeding first to see if you get a better pedal start furthest away from master cylinder check flexes like you said and check brake cylinders of any leaks
hope this helps
cheers
the antman

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i took it for a road worthiness check for the brakes and asked a friend who has a 106, it looks like the feel is normal and brakes scored pretty high so it was just my foot playing tricks on me got too used to abs so it felt weird but i'll still flush the oil for new one replace the pads and check flexibles.

You don't happen to know what the right most gauge is for do you? :D i beleive it's something to do with oil but unsure if it's pressure or temp

thanks again
daniel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts