Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't 3008 related, but Peugeot 308 (2015 GT), i wanted some independent opinions;

2 days outside of my manufacturers warranty (21st May) my AC decided to stop working, I reported it straight away to the main dealer and informed them that I had the Platinum Peugeot extended warranty (which when I purchased the vehicle from another Peugeot dealer, was told it’s the same as the manufacturer one)

Car was booked in for work on the 4th June and a leak was discovered, it would appear a pipe has corroded where it connects to the condenser, causing the leak.

Today the extended warranty company have basically said it’s a pipe, we don’t cover pipework!!!

This part has corroded inside the condenser, not been subject to external forces of similar…..The fact that the car was 2 days outside the warranty makes my blood boil, let alone that the warranty I purchased doesn’t cover it!!

I have messaged Peugeot via Facebook and to be fair were very quick to reply and speak with the service manager, he has put in a request/claim for a 100% goodwill claim, he seems to think given the background etc they will agree.

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Firstly, it's good to remember Peugeot isn't legally or morally obliged to do anything when out of Warranty. You have been unfortunate to have it go wrong when it did:(
If you are being offered a 50% goodwill gesture it's a good result but a 100% is an absolute major achievement!:thumb:
I expect the "background" you talk of is that you've had your car serviced with a Peugeot dealer and as such got the full history and the "goodwill" of the dealer themselves, along with that of Customer Services..
If this is true then you are a typical example of why it's important and worthwhile to have your car serviced with Peugeot. If you hadn't I suspect you'd have got 0% goodwill gesture.
A new air con condenser can be anywhere from £300 to £550 fitted so you got a result if it's authorised!

Keep us updated with the outcome please.

Grumpy

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just heard back.

Peugeot have agreed to pay the full cost, apparently around £1400.

Your right what you say about Peugeot dealership servicing, i thought many times about going independent, but decided against it.

I'm sure that helped, I'm the 2nd owner, previous being Peugeot themselves, FMDSH, all these factors I'm sure played a part......plus the motability 3008 is from them (collecting on Monday)

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Wow!! I'd take the £1400 with a large pinch of salt!
If it's really £1400 I'll be really worried for anyone with a new 3008, 5008 or Traveller when they're out of warranty.

Just had a look and the condensers are anywhere between £100 and £160 (non genuine) so not sure where the other £1k comes from!

Grumpy

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow!! I'd take the £1400 with a large pinch of salt!
If it's really £1400 I'll be really worried for anyone with a new 3008, 5008 or Traveller when they're out of warranty.

Just had a look and the condensers are anywhere between £100 and £160 (non genuine) so not sure where the other £1k comes from!

Grumpy
I have no idea, i know some pipework needs replacing and i was told the condenser was close to £800? plus the regas which i believe is around £250?

Just glad I'm not paying it, however much it is.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's the older gas used previously. The current gas is a great deal more expensive, cheapest I believe is from Halfords about £80. Average is around 150, main dealer is much more.

·
Registered
332 Posts
That's the older gas used previously. The current gas is a great deal more expensive, cheapest I believe is from Halfords about £80. Average is around 150, main dealer is much more.
Just been looking online and saw it stated that only 1 in 100 Halfords do the r1234yf regassing.

It does look like another minefield for motorist to navigate through with all the ingredients for another round of proffering at our expense.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Regardless of warranty, you have consumer rights which entitle you to expect reasonable longevity for all purchased items, based on what you paid and what is reasonable, I would argue that 12 months + few weeks is not reasonable.
The supplier, with whom you have made a contract, must respect this, it is the law! (in the UK)

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
The only reason its £1400 is because the dealers are being paid by peugeot so are charging peugeot full retail !!

The job could probably be done for half that cost !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts