Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the xmas period, I'm gonna be away for a week and leaving my car here at our house and taking his. Apart from taking the battery off of the car, is there any other good ways to immobilise the car? I was thinking of taking fuses out, but I didn't want to do this in case I upset the car.

Don't fancy taking the battery off, as I don't want to mess with the clock and language stuff. Two minute job to plug a fuse in. :thumb:

·
Registered
89 Posts
You got an immobiliser in your car? Use that. :lol:

Leave the car, bring your keys on holiday. If someone really wants to steal your car anyway, they'll haul it onto a truck or put skateboards under it and push it down the street.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
as ross says, but i wouldnt take your car keys on holiday, you could lose them...leave them with a trusted family member or friend.

dead lock the car and it will be fine.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't trust the little buggers round here. We were walking the dog the other night and we saw two little pesky ass****** on two scooters coming down the footpath behind the local shops. I gave my, 'What the F do those kids think they doing? In my day!' (Only 25 and started that). Then this cop car come, they turned round quick and the cop car did a 180, cause they had been turning round to go somewhere else. They ran off leaving one scooter cause he got it caught on the fencing and then, which was the highlight of my night, the cop car slid on at least 20ft ice straight into a fence.

But long and short, little buggers!

Dead lock is just pressing the lock twice, ain't it?

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
sounds like here tbf :lol:

yeah dead lock is pressing the lock button twice quickly on your key. cant remember with peugeot but with my focus if i dead lock it, even if they get in they cant open the door to get out and non of the electrics work.

however if i press the button once, wait 30 secs and open the door (from inside) the alarm activates.

J

·
0 Posts
Peugeot pretty much the same - if you deadlock, you can only ever open the doors again with the remote key - the switches in the car won't unlock them. Won't stop anyone breaking in to steal anything, but if they really want something, nothing will stop them :nono:
How nice it is to live in a part of the country where we don't really have to think about this too much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts