Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
2,909 Posts
Excellent review indeed.

The only thing he didn't say was the electric seats and massage function was an optional extra. Must say though, I though those features only came with leather trim whereas his test car had standard cloth GT Line seat covering.

Paul

·
Registered
853 Posts
Excellent review indeed.

The only thing he didn't say was the electric seats and massage function was an optional extra. Must say though, I though those features only came with leather trim whereas his test car had standard cloth GT Line seat covering.

Paul
I have the standard GT Line cloth seats and have the heating and massage function, taken as an extra of course. The lumbar support is also electrically adjustable but the positioning of the seat itself is manual.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I have the standard GT Line cloth seats and have the heating and massage function, taken as an extra of course. The lumbar support is also electrically adjustable but the positioning of the seat itself is manual.
If you have the 8 function electric driver, full leather option on the allure.. I think it's all electric. Will check today.

·
Registered
620 Posts
If you have the 8 function electric driver, full leather option on the allure.. I think it's all electric. Will check today.
There's a multi-way paddle.. is that the 'hidden' control.. not very hidden, it's right next to the seat controls. Yes that ones does things too.

The lumber does change, I think it's part of the massage system.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Not sure if anyone has seen this 'long term review'

Peugeot 3008 – 'Car of the Year' on long-term test

I'm afraid I don't agree with very much of it. I guess they've had a quirk with the radio, which is unfortunate. Changing the dials over from mph to kph doesn't need too much work on my own car, I didn't think.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Not sure if anyone has seen this 'long term review'

Peugeot 3008 – 'Car of the Year' on long-term test

I'm afraid I don't agree with very much of it. I guess they've had a quirk with the radio, which is unfortunate. Changing the dials over from mph to kph doesn't need too much work on my own car, I didn't think.
Yes read that review , went out to the shops and my screen froze for the first time , easy to fix thanks to the info on this forum , as for the review about kms or miles , i think he is being a bit pinickity, if you are taking the car to Europe the first thing you do is change from miles to kms , it is simple enough in the menu , might take a minute but it would in my mind be the first thing to do !! as for his problems with the radio , well the one of the things i do with a new car is set the radio stations as soon as i get it home , again a n operation that most people can do through trial and error !!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I have a better word for being 'pinickity'.... unfortunately but wisely I can not reprint it on this forum.
I started off listening to the authors explanations with an initial "yes, I can see your problem".
That then changed to a little annoyance in "why don't you simply do this".
By three quarters through the read I had had enough. It should have been titled "How to annoy the reader with my pointless tirade".

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Absolutely agree with your comments. Started to read it, thinking it'll be interesting and got fed up with the whole negative nature of it.

'My favourite photograph of the Peugeot 3008 (see very far right)' shows the Renault Scenic in the foreground and the 3008 way in the distance. They might think its funny, I don't really.

Got bored part way through with so much negativeness, that I decided to go and use my own lovely 3008!

Reactions: Beards

·
Administrator
2,909 Posts
Whereas I found the press reviews of the 3008 very helpful, I found this forums members far more knowledge and helpful which gave me peace of mind I was doing the right thing by ordering one.

A lot of people join a forum like this as their car has developed a problem, whereas there are some, like me, who joined researching what actual owners think of the car.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I have a better word for being 'pinickity'.... unfortunately but wisely I can not reprint it on this forum.
I started off listening to the authors explanations with an initial "yes, I can see your problem".
That then changed to a little annoyance in "why don't you simply do this".
By three quarters through the read I had had enough. It should have been titled "How to annoy the reader with my pointless tirade".
Unfortunately it seems to me there are a number of opinionated jounalists.....(aren't they all) who want to be the first to 'expose the truth' ie that French cars are not as reliable as that from you-know-where and nothing will change their mind.
What they do is expose the fact that they haven't done their homework.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just read the review on the Telegraph......Negative negative negative negative then finishes saying..........I’m pleasantly surprised by how much I like this big French SUV. I have two big trips planned in it, as well as several smaller ones – let’s see if I’m still as delighted with it by this time next week.......as Del Boy would say don't be a plonka all your life Rodney

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.