Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right I'm wanting a bit more performance in my 307 1.6 16v.

I will be doing a engine conversion in a few years 2.0 gt 180bhp but until then I was thinking about making my 1.6 drive a bit quicker... And I would just wait but I can't because when I have money it burns in my pocket :)

I have stainless steel exhaust (back box) and new k&n.. Don't get me wrong these parts sound good but can't feel the change in drive.

I was thinking about engine remap but I feel like if I do that I won't be able to do anything else to my engine.. I was also wondering about uprated injectors or fast road cams.. I think if I'm honest I have about £500 to play with and was wondering what would be the best ?

Thanks Matt

·
Registered
151 Posts
Save your money towards the engine conversion mate, it will be more cost effective. The 1.6 16v lumps need either throttle bodies/cams/map or forced induction to see any good gains.

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
I agree the 16 valve engine is nearing its limit without forcing more air in you will struggle to get any usefull gains

forget the 2 litre just go for a v6 :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Right I'm wanting a bit more performance in my 307 1.6 16v.

I will be doing a engine conversion in a few years 2.0 gt 180bhp but until then I was thinking about making my 1.6 drive a bit quicker... And I would just wait but I can't because when I have money it burns in my pocket :)

I have stainless steel exhaust (back box) and new k&n.. Don't get me wrong these parts sound good but can't feel the change in drive.

I was thinking about engine remap but I feel like if I do that I won't be able to do anything else to my engine.. I was also wondering about uprated injectors or fast road cams.. I think if I'm honest I have about £500 to play with and was wondering what would be the best ?

Thanks Matt

I did a turbo conversion on my 307 16v
Check my album ;-)

·
Registered
424 Posts
yeah £500 will get you fuck all :D

spend it on something else, decent set of alloys (assuming you don't already have some??) some interior mods perhaps?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts