Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've a Peugeot 307, 2.0 sport 07/2007. I have been having some problem with it lately. I would very much appreciate any advice!
1) the temperature gage suddly goes into red and "STOP"warning comes on straightaway. I stop the car straightaway and switch the ignition on off and leave it for few minutes. It usually works.
The coolant tank was just below the minimum when it first happen. I topped it up and it was fine for a couple of days and started playing up again.
2) couple of days ago, I started having some more problems. "DIPPOLUTION SYSTEM FAULT" warning comes after the "STOP" one. Then the "OIL" warning sign comes on. But, turning the engine off for few minutes does not get rid of the "OIL" warning sign.
It has to be turned off for a while before the warning disappears. The oil tank is half full.
Does anybody know what is wrong with the car? I would be very grateful for any valuable advice. Thank you very much in advance!

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
No but at least you know the chances of damaging your engine because of low oil has been negated!
So what warnings are you getting now? If you are still getting the oil warning then the oil pressure switch could be defective. If not then the next thing is possible engine damage to the crank bearings or blockage. Was the car well serviced in the past?

·
2,490 Posts
hi...when was the car serviced last...ie oil change and all filters?I think you mean depollution fault... that could be anything to do with emmisions/fuel....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, I mean "Depolltion system faulty". The car has been serviced regularly. There is no sign of any problem. The only problem is these warning signs comes on once in a while. I stop the car as soon as the " stop" warning comes on and turn the engine off 5 minutes or so. I then start the car every warning sign disappears except the "oil" warning.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Depollution fault could be 100000 things, the car will need to be plugged in to diagnostics. Have a look in the FAQ for a list of members who can do this local to you

The STOP warning is tied to the temp gauge directly. Have you lost coolant since you topped it up? i.e. is it still full?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I get Antipollution fault message but have not heard of a Depollution fault message! What is the difference? I get the STOP and Brakes Fault message some time after the ABS fault message that I am in the process of trying to fix and assume it is tied to the ABS and not the Antipollution message. As to your faults I think more info is needed to try and pin down what is the cause/s! Have you tried the oil pressure switch line of possible cause yet, i.e. faulty switch or bad connector connection?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Sorry for confusion - some 307's show Depollution system faulty, some show Anti-pollution fault, and there's possibly a third choice, but they all mean the same thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts