Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening everyone.. I have a 2.0 hdi 407 sport.. its my first pug.. And I must say I've never drove a car so comfy and handle like a small car.. Anyway as I'm new to things like glow plugs.. What are they for and how do I know when to change them.. Never having a diesel before its a all new ball game for me.. So sorry for sounding abit thick

·
5,633 Posts
Glow plugs are to facilitate starting in very cold conditions. Most of the time HDI engines do not need them. They may switch on (with a visible glow plug light) if temps are below 5 C. Other than that they can switch on (without the light) to help cold start emissions and assist in DPF regen (when fitted)

You can ignore them most of the time and they are not a normal service item. If you have issues with them they will normally trigger a fault code

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankyou for that so unless I get a fault I can more or less ignore them.. Thankyou again.. I will get a service manual as I changed the starter motor a few days ago which was also my first time.. Want to keep this beauty going for many years

·
5,633 Posts
Yes should be fine my old 307 2.0 HDI did over 250k miles and I never touched the glow plugs

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts