Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay firstly let me confess I know nothing about cars. This post is information for my brother who is a complete technophobe.

He owns a 307 HDi (Deisel car - second hand purchase.
And the information I am looking for relates to the Glow Plugs fitted.

Is there a button or switch on the dash to use/activate them or is it automatic?
Also how can I tell if they are in use (what indicator is there)?

Once again I do apologise for showing my ignorancy, but particularly as this is a favour for the family I hope some one out there can help

many thnx

C

·
0 Posts
Hello & Welcome

They should be automatic but i'm led to believe that on hdi's they only come in to play under certain conditions. eg if the coolant is below 20 degrees or you have been cranking the engine for more that 30 seconds or so. As for whether they in use or not you should have an orange spiral type light appear on the dash normally when the ignition is on, but just before you begin to turn the engine over. I generally get into my car turn the ignition on and wait 2-3 seconds or so before cranking to give the glow plugs time to start to warm up if they need it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The heater plugs aren't required for starting a HDi, they are automatic and wont kick in unless the outside temperature falls below -4 degrees i think it is.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
When ignition is first turned on the glow plug light will come on but it stays on for such a short time you will barely notice

As said they are non essential except in very cold conditions or for dpf regen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts