Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As far as I'm aware, my 51 plate 307 HDi has glow plugs. I'm pretty sure my mechanic comfirmed that. How long am I meant to wait for them to warm up after the first key turn before starting the engine? I've been waiting about 5 or 6 seconds, just in case.

Also, after the first key turn, I get all the usual lit up icons on the dash which go out after the engine starts. One of those icons is a red 'STOP'. What would need to happen to the car for the 'STOP' icon to illuminate?

Over to you, ..( ..moose no doubt ) :)

·
Registered
862 Posts
Merlin said:
As far as I'm aware, my 51 plate 307 HDi has glow plugs. I'm pretty sure my mechanic comfirmed that. How long am I meant to wait for them to warm up after the first key turn before starting the engine? I've been waiting about 5 or 6 seconds, just in case.

Also, after the first key turn, I get all the usual lit up icons on the dash which go out after the engine starts. One of those icons is a red 'STOP'. What would need to happen to the car for the 'STOP' icon to illuminate?

Over to you, ..( ..moose no doubt ) :)

To the best of my knowledge hdi engines do not have glow plugs. For the stop sign to come on whilst driveing it would take a potentially serious engine/car damaging fault.

This link explains how the hdi works (boring stuff TBH)

http://autoweb.com.au/cms/A_52239/title_The%20HDI%20System%20in%20Detail/newsarticle.html

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info and link, moose. :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts