Registered
4,782 Posts
hi folks
need help on 406 hdi 2002
from cold glow plugs not powering up
had ecu checked and all ok
glow plugs brand new
any any ideas cheers in advance
that would be because glow plugs are not needed on hdi engine until about -20 or for regen if it has a dpf

what is the full details of the fault you are having

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in the last few weeks due to -3 weather ,coil on dash has been called for ,takes a couple of turns before firing into life the very lumpy and smoke till warmed up then runs fine,after initial start in morning when using during day will start first time no running issues ,garage i dropped it off at are at a loss at to what it could be

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
in the last few weeks due to -3 weather ,coil on dash has been called for ,takes a couple of turns before firing into life the very lumpy and smoke till warmed up then runs fine,after initial start in morning when using during day will start first time no running issues ,garage i dropped it off at are at a loss at to what it could be
i would be clean & check engine earth connections and battery connections and starter connections, have the battery and alternator checked.

try remove the vacuum pipe off the egr and block the rubber pipe to stop the vacuum leaking

you have not given details of what engine either

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok will give it a try thanks the problem only started after spraying egr cleaner into the airbox pipe then revs went sky high

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
ok will give it a try thanks the problem only started after spraying egr cleaner into the airbox pipe then revs went sky high
please dont drip feed info you should have mentioned this at the start

what engine size and bhp?

maybe you have some s**t lodged in the egr valve, why did you spray egr cleaner in anyway, was there a problem before you sprayed egr cleaner in

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
WHY waste time asking about glowplugs if thats not the real problem !!

We ARE a helpfull bunch but this sort of post does my head in your problem is NOTHING to do with glowplugs.

Your rough running when cold is a fuel issue but air is also fuel so the egr cleaner could well have made the egr stick open slightly and this affects the airflow.

You NEED to tell us what the real problem is not what you think the problem is we can then get to the real solution much quicker.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts