Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 407 2.2 HDi and these are the faults it has:

My interpretation of this is that summat's up with the glow plugs, and since they're required for DPF regen the regens have been failing. Sound about right?

Where's this relay?

Where's a good place to get the ECU DPF-deleted? (I want to re-map but not until next year, but if the DPF hasn't been regenerating then it needs fixing sooner rather than later.)

Ta.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just got a 407 2.2 HDi and these are the faults it has:

My interpretation of this is that summat's up with the glow plugs, and since they're required for DPF regen the regens have been failing. Sound about right?

Where's this relay?

Where's a good place to get the ECU DPF-deleted? (I want to re-map but not until next year, but if the DPF hasn't been regenerating then it needs fixing sooner rather than later.)

Ta.
In 99% of cases it's the glow plugs, or rather one of them shot. I see that message all the time and have changed loads of them and cleared the glow plug relay message. only fit OEM plugs in made by Bosch/ngk/beru. £22 from main dealer each :eek: a lot less on ebay.
Disconnect them all and check one by one with a multi meter (less than 4 ohms ok) and then very carefully remove them after a soak in oil.
not unknown for them to break off and fall into the head :eek:

Hopefully your regen messages will go away, I have had nightmares trying to write to the siemens ECU. so removal of dpf difficult :nono:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, that's pretty much what I thought.

It's a Bosch EDC16 btw

Am now thinking about getting the FAP smashed out and dealing with the software as soon as I can afterwards.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thanks, that's pretty much what I thought.

It's a Bosch EDC16 btw

Am now thinking about getting the FAP smashed out and dealing with the software as soon as I can afterwards.
that makes life easier, read it with galletto 1260 and get the map done by someone( i hear hdi-tuning.co.uk are very good for 100 notes)
I have ecusafe but have mixed reviews on the effect on turbo boost post removal. I'll be doing mine next year. I was looking to make a bypass pipe. :thumb:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Sort the plugs. Even if u rid the dpf. You may need the plugs in the winter.

Galletto from ebay. Read n save the file. Send it to CMax on here for dpf egr off. He may also power map it for you. For free. Put it back onto the ecu. Bash out tge filter. Or clean n drill it. Then sorted

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
593 Posts
Sort the plugs. Even if u rid the dpf. You may need the plugs in the winter.

Galletto from ebay. Read n save the file. Send it to CMax on here for dpf egr off. He may also power map it for you. For free. Put it back onto the ecu. Bash out tge filter. Or clean n drill it. Then sorted

Total cost.
£0

·
Registered
14,625 Posts
Glow plug relay fault is normal on these and as has been said its usually the plugs rather than the relay as you rightly say if thats sorted everything else may well sort itself out without any need for ecu messing

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bit more information here, suggested on 407owners.

Looks like it isn't an emergency yet: 22%.

Also, the mixer and autobox faults have disappeared of their own accord so I'm just down to glow plugs and regen request frequency.

Looks like it's doing a regen every 350 miles or so :eek: I guess it means it's got enough gunk to treat 1852 litres of fuel (37 fills of 50l, so that should last 22k miles which means about 18 months).

I agree reliable406 that in any case the glow plugs need changing. They are used even when the light doesn't come on, and can stay on for some time. Never changed any on my 406, but I guess the regen process gives them a regular thrashing.

I hear mixed stories about reading, and in particular writing, an EDC16 with a Galletto 1260. I feel very apprehensive about doing it myself although I tend to be far too cautious about things.
So: now I know the FAP isn't urgent, if the glow plugs resolve it for now then that buys me some time to decide what to do about mapping. It's good to get used to it as it is before mapping too.

Thanks chaps for your input: it's really appreciated, and it's very helpful.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts