Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Got a PEUGEOT 207 SPORT HDI 90 2008. Borrowed a code reader which highlights a fault with the glow plug relay. Anyone know exactly where this relay is located. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. However.......... as the car refused to start i have purchased and fitted a new glow plug relay as the code reader suggested that this was the issue. Car now starts first time every time and fault code now not showing ?. As a tip.... the relay is located underneath the battery tray but towards the front of the car. Easier to access by removing the headlight and small hands are an advantage!

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
You must have the only common rail diesel engine in the world that NEEDS glowplugs then :)

Its ok i know where the relay lives i am a mechanic and i also KNOW THEY DONT NEED THEM TO START

I recon you will be revisiting the hard starting when the colder weather comes as the glowplugs only come on for a fraction of a second so there is no way that has fixed your issue it is simply masking the real reason.

We have a 406 HDI here with NO glowplug relay and has started first time even in winter for last 5 years only time it fails to start is when starter motor gets weak or battery is low.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts