Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having trouble starting car fitted an led light inside car wired to glow plug relay I turn ignition on and led flashes for 10 seconds then goes out so I start car led comes back on for a further 3 minutes before it goes off which tells me glow plugs are glowing for a further 3 minutes any help much appreciated

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
having trouble starting car fitted an led light inside car wired to glow plug relay I turn ignition on and led flashes for 10 seconds then goes out so I start car led comes back on for a further 3 minutes before it goes off which tells me glow plugs are glowing for a further 3 minutes any help much appreciated
what engine would be very useful to know

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
we already discussed this !

your glowplugs are meant to stay on its called post ignition and it is controlled by a timer built into the relay 3 mins seems a bit long but it is correct that they stay on after starting it is to reduce smoke.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Connect up a volt meter between the glow plug feed rail and an earth and start engine, watch the display on the meter and note if and when the circuit is broken, this will give you the length of time the glow plugs are on, if they stay on for more than like say 5 mins, then look at changing the glow plug relay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts