Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone advise why my glow plugs are constantly on relay goes click but still a supply at buzz bar any help much appreciated I can only think its a faulty relay

·
Registered
117 Posts
Can anyone advise why my glow plugs are constantly on relay goes click but still a supply at buzz bar any help much appreciated I can only think its a faulty relay
If they are constantly on they will be destroyed, if they are still on 60sec after engine start you should change relay i would disconnect the relay until you get a new one if the relay is used under dpf regen and if it is very cold so you cant drive without it for a long while hope this helps :)

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
The op does not say which engine he has since its a 306 forum there is a choice of at least 3 different engines with different controls for the relay and different relays !

If the relay is indeed staying on the plugs will be destroyed as above the relays contacts can get welded shut internaly

How much of a problem this is depends on what engine the OP has.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
In that case then your relay will stay on for 30 seconds or so AFTER the light goes out.

If the power is constant the plugs will get burnt out and if they are burnt out the engine will NOT start easily

This engine needs the plugs for starting HDI engines do not

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
re glow plug relay

fitted an led on dashboard turn ignition on light goes out after 10 seconds so I start car then led comes on again and its three minutes before it goes off again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts