Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im trying to find the part number or the part its self

Glow Plug Relay unit 307 1.6 hdi xsi 54

54 just means 2004 plate just in case :)

Many thx guys :)

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
people have wrote about this before...i think the problem was the thermostat was going...so a new replacement fixed the problem...i may stand corrected

·
Registered
91 Posts
juDGEY said:
Also would the relay be why the fan stays on for ten min after i turn the car off?
i thinks its do with the FAP regenerating process...i have a 2004 , 1.6 hdi...the bloody fan keeps on coming up even if i go down the road for a few miles...from what ive been told it needs to be totally regenerated...by driving up a motorway foue about 20 minutes in 4th gear at 70mph...what a crappy feature...i know its so bloody annoying coming home after mid night and your car sounds like a jet engine parked up outside your house on a dead quiet night...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oky i done a lot of phoning about and can only get them from peugeot them selfs, its going to cost £28.84 + Vat :(

Dose anyone know were abouts it is so i can change it?

Also will this fix the above probs?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hi juDGEY,
The part no for PRE-HEAT BOX
is 5981 40
With the relay double check to see if you are getting 12 volt supply to the glow plug supply cable to confirm its your relay not the glow plugs them selves....But you will need someone with planet or equivalent diagnostic equipmet to energise the glow plug relay.
Never had to replace a realy box on these only glowplugs...:confused:
You'll have remove the scuttle panel wipers etc and then remove your air intake airfilter box to gain access to the glow plugs.
If you know a good independent garage they should be able to check it out
for you.
Going by those faults i think the egr valve is you major issiue...maybe a cleaning or worse case you may need to replace the egr valve itself.
you should be able to pick up a good second hand egr but it will need to be Learned/programmed by planet.
The dpf would need to be checked on live data to confirm how often it regenerating and to check the differential pressure/filter load.
Best of luck with it.
Ron.

P.s. maybe post your location and someone here maybe able to help..:)

S

·
0 Posts
Correct me if i'm wrong risky, but cant EGR faults cause faults with FAP filter measurements as well?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Stubbo said:
Correct me if i'm wrong risky, but cant EGR faults cause faults with FAP filter measurements as well?
Hi Stubbo,
I suppose egr faults could be related to egr faults...:confused:
but the last fault "Egr valve sticking of valve while driving" would indicate
the valve is sticking.. a cleaning might sort it but permanent faults usally indicate a problem.....toddy sould know for definate..:)
Ron.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the imput guys let me update.

Oky i did get the Egr valve cleaned was in a right mess but did not fix the problem. I have found a new one for £190 i have not got it yet but will do soon.

Wot im asking is if the relay is dead could that stop the fan from turning of after u turn of the car? Also could that stop the generation of the partical filter?

Many thx again :)

D

·
0 Posts
You don't need to change the relay, its one or more heater plugs that have failed. Replace all and the light will go out.

D

·
0 Posts
Engine management light. You're probably getting a Depollution system faulty message with those faults.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Oky update and i rellly need help guys...

I replaced the EGR and relay got the falts reset. But still doing the same, fan is killing the battry now as it dont turn of after i took the key out.

Also its saying the regeneration of the fap has tryed to regenerate over 20 times and gave up.

Anything im missing out? Im running out of cash very fast :(

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey mate...

He is using planet (tbh i think this is all new to him)

He going to put in the glow plugs in the morning and fix an injecter. Then i hope it will do somthing.

Will update in teh morning :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts