Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I feel a bit stupid asking this but here goes. We brought a 207cc a week ago and so far it's been great, but I was a little confused the first time I started it up as the glow plug light on the dashboard didn't come on when I turn on the ignition. Is this a new thing with modern diesels/Peugeots? Or do I need to take it back to the garage, the car seems to run fine.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, this is the first Diesel we've owned :eek: Engine is a 1.6HDi btw, thanks :)

·
12,075 Posts
This is a funny one. The glow plug light comes on when cold, and the plugs are only used when its really cold.

But surely there should be a brief flash of light to show the light is actually working, just like all the other dashboard lights?

There's a thread somewhere which has a little table of how long the light comes on in relation to the temperature.

D

·
0 Posts
On startup the glow plugs are on for anything up to five minutes. I plugged one into the loom at one point just to see how long they stayed on for and it was near the five min mark glowing away.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts