Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Boxer 1.9 TD engine takes multiple attempts to start when totally cold.
(When still warm it starts up fine)

I changed the glow plugs, and the fuel filter with no success.
When it finally starts, it seems to be firing on 3 cylinders. Plumes of black smoke come out of the exhaust, until I rev it...then it runs fine.

The problem seems to stem from when I ran the van on empty a few weeks ago. I'm worried it sucked in crap from the tank.
I have put STP injection cleaner into the fuel, but it'll need a few miles to run through to see if that works. 50 miles hasn't worked so far :(

COME ON PEUGEOT HEADS....ANY SUGGESTIONS?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found the problem.
The fuel primer assembly was kaput. The button you press to manually suck fuel through was sucking in air as well, hence the repeated turning of the engine to get it started. The local garage will be replacing it this week.

Yaay.

strewth_uk said:
My Boxer 1.9 TD engine takes multiple attempts to start when totally cold.
(When still warm it starts up fine)

I changed the glow plugs, and the fuel filter with no success.
When it finally starts, it seems to be firing on 3 cylinders. Plumes of black smoke come out of the exhaust, until I rev it...then it runs fine.

The problem seems to stem from when I ran the van on empty a few weeks ago. I'm worried it sucked in crap from the tank.
I have put STP injection cleaner into the fuel, but it'll need a few miles to run through to see if that works. 50 miles hasn't worked so far :(

COME ON PEUGEOT HEADS....ANY SUGGESTIONS?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.