Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are many complains on small size of glove box and obstructed by fusebox. It seems that the glovebox shown on the manual does not match with actual one, at least for my region. Any of you already recieved your vehicle can you tell me how large is the glovebox and if possible post a picture or two.

· Registered
1,616 Posts
Fuse Box

Talking about fuse boxes, there are no diagrams showing the electrical circuits in the user manual. There is a link to a webpage (INFOTEC - Service Box Peugeot) but this just directs one to the French user manual and this is just the same.
Could one of you lucky owners please confirm if there a diagram on the fuse box itself that indicates which fuse relates to which circuit?

· Registered
20 Posts
Literally only enough room for a pair of gloves in mine. As for the fuse box, the front clips open to reveal a fuse removal tool but no fuses. If I put the user manual in I even struggle to close the door.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

· Banned
127 Posts
Literally only enough room for a pair of gloves in mine. As for the fuse box, the front clips open to reveal a fuse removal tool but no fuses. If I put the user manual in I even struggle to close the door.

I think this glove box space issue because of the fuse box is the case on most if not all peugeots.

· Registered
765 Posts
So where are the fuses? That is just the wiring loom taking up all that space!
Fusebox is in the engine bay, the glovebox is not designed to have the fusebox in it, just peugeot did a kak job with the RHD conversion and didn't want to change the engine bay layout.

My DS5 is the same, though it has a bit more room on offer that the pug. Now I have seen these pics, frankly it's ludicrous that they even bothered.

· Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)

Thanks focusest, yep there are two version of glove-boxs. See the following video 2:57 onwards. It has larger glove box. See attached;

Attachments

· Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
my is quite big...also fitted the user manual without any problems and still have enough space..Slovakia..left handed..no fragrances
Please share a photo if possible.

It is clear that for if you get a Left Hand Drive Car there will be reasonably large Glovebox and if you get a Right Hand Drive Car there is no space inside the glove box simply just a glovebox cover.
I do not know what the designers were thinking? doing such stupid design for RHD cars couldn't they rearrange the wiring so that glovebox area is not obstructed. I will also getting a RHD car and really pissed off.:mad::mad::mad:

· Registered
111 Posts
Please share a photo if possible.

It is clear that for if you get a Left Hand Drive Car there will be reasonably large Glovebox and if you get a Right Hand Drive Car there is no space inside the glove box simply just a glovebox cover.
I do not know what the designers were thinking? doing such stupid design for RHD cars couldn't they rearrange the wiring so that glovebox area is not obstructed. I will also getting a RHD car and really pissed off.:mad::mad::mad:
I have read this article before I get my new car and I thought ok, the glovebox is very small...I can live with that...there is a really big middle box anyway.
But I got suprised that its only true for another versions/countries.

· Registered
1,423 Posts
I agree that it's disappointing Peugeot didn't relocate the wiring on RHD vehicles, but the huge central armrest does make up for it. What they should be doing is relocating this wiring to a different area of the car so that no market has an issue with glovebox space.

· Registered
765 Posts
I agree that it's disappointing Peugeot didn't relocate the wiring on RHD vehicles, but the huge central armrest does make up for it. What they should be doing is relocating it to a different area of the car so that no market has an issue with glovebox space.
This isn't a new problem however. My DS5 has a reduce glovebox(although nowhere as bad as this.(The DS5 was built on the old 3008 platform). The 508 also has a reduced glovebox, again it's not as bad. I haven't seen an older mk1 or mk2 3008 but assume it's the same. I have never seen one as pointless as the new 3008 lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.