Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 407 Sport saloon 2.0 HDI at the weekend and noticed today the glove box light isn't working. Managed to take the unit out as expected to replace the bulb but then noticed when feeling around inside there is nothing for the unit to connect into.

Should there be a lead inside which you need to connect to prior to replacing the light ? looks like this may have been removed ...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Bought a 407 Sport saloon 2.0 HDI at the weekend and noticed today the glove box light isn't working. Managed to take the unit out as expected to replace the bulb but then noticed when feeling around inside there is nothing for the unit to connect into.

Should there be a lead inside which you need to connect to prior to replacing the light ? looks like this may have been removed ...
also note I think you need the ignition on for it to work

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Cheers - thats a start

took the unit out and it looks like it has a lead which is what i am unsure about as i can't see anything and i can't feel anything where it would go

Anyone that has changed their bulb got idea on if there is a lead ?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Cheers - thats a start

took the unit out and it looks like it has a lead which is what i am unsure about as i can't see anything and i can't feel anything where it would go

Anyone that has changed their bulb got idea on if there is a lead ?
Will have a look at mine tomorrow and let you know

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bugger ... Looks like the T20 screwdriver is coming out at lunchtime then and the glove box is coming off.

Thanks for your help guys

·
Registered
123 Posts
Another way possibly?
Take the trim panel out below the glove box (the felt one above the passengers feet).
You may get access that way and it's a few seconds job.

·
Registered
909 Posts
That sounds like a good possibility ashdav, basically get in same position as you would to change pollen filter, head in passenger footwell, feet over headrest on passenger seat

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Removing the felt and plugged it in. Worked straight away thanks guys !

I probably wouldn't have spotted the wire if it wasn't for 100brian's pictures as it was for some reason tucked away at the top.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts