Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

First time poster here so please be kind:)

I have noticed that the gloss plastic door trim on the back edge of the front door and the front edge of the back door looks to have been damaged by some chemical of some kind (it looks like when water dries on that kind of surface on a hot day). I say chemical as it appears to have whitened and hazes a bit.

I was just wondering if these trims can be replaced or if there is any kind of cleaner or restorer that could help?

Cheers

·
3,194 Posts
Hi and welcome....try a bit of 'back to black' bumper restorer,i've heard wd40 works for a short time,silicone spray of even smooth peanut butter rubbed in and polished...hot air gun.....good luck tho.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi and welcome....try a bit of 'back to black' bumper restorer,i've heard wd40 works for a short time,silicone spray of even smooth peanut butter rubbed in and polished...hot air gun.....good luck tho.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahum5cvLyXM
Does the back to black stuff work on glossy plastic too then? I've used it on textured plastic and worked quite well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used peanut butter on my mk2 shogun bumpers once and every dog that walked passed used to lick the bumpers.....:lol::thumb:
I saw this somewhere else on the internet when I googled this. Is it really a thing as I thought it was someone taking the p!$$?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts