Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends.

I own a 2002 206XS, this car is a 3-door and comes with a panoramic glass roof.

Recently, I pressed the button to open the roof but something happened. It just opened barely and then it stopped. I kept pressing the button but it wouldn’t open or close. It doesn’t feel as if something is stuck and the glass can’t move; instead, it’s as if the button is not sending the signal to move the roof.

I took it to the garage but the repairman said he would have to remove the complete glass roof just to find out what the problem is. And that would cost me a premium.

I didn’t agree that it would cost that much to fix so I left the place. Now I’m stuck with a glass roof that is just barely open, enough for water to leak in, plus the sound of the wind coming in while driving is highly annoying too.

My question is; anyone knows how to manually move the glass roof? I’m not interested in fixing it at the moment, I just to want to close it shut.

I read in an unrelated thread that someone suggested to open the interior light box; is this something that is just pressed against the ceiling? Can I just use a knife to release it without breaking any parts?

Also, if someone might have an idea of why the glass roof stopped working, please let me know too. It sounds as if it’s an electric problem, but I’m no car expert so I’m not sure.

Thanks.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Remove the electric switch and check with a $2.00 light tester if there is any current on any of the wires, turn your ignition/car on first before you check.
If the light on the tester is one then it is the motor which is jamed. If no light then a fuse has blown.

If there is light try and check all wires if all light up or at least one of the others than you have a curent flowing, should no other wire light up when the switch is pressed then the switch has ceased.
Also if all is fine, then apply some lubricant to roof mechanism and manually slide it as you press the button, this should loosen it up and save you a fortune in repairs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts