Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to get to the exhaust and intake manifold on the 307 hdi 90 without removing the whole engine?

According to the Haynes workshop manual you can roll the engine forward somehow (I gotta read it again) to get some access but I honestly don't know how much it'll give me..

Any information would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes you can get to these ports by tilting the engine foward by removing the
bottom engine moulting and undoing the exuast bracket. You need to remove the radiator as well as it swings forward it can hit it. Make sure you have the engine supported properly.

Regards

Kevin

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Is it possible to get to the exhaust and intake manifold on the 307 hdi 90 without removing the whole engine?

According to the Haynes workshop manual you can roll the engine forward somehow (I gotta read it again) to get some access but I honestly don't know how much it'll give me..

Any information would be appreciated :)
further engine details would be nice, 1.6 or 2.0

·
Registered
8 Posts
As you are looking from the timing belt end of engine, there is a lower engine mounting. You should be able to see this. Support the engine well, undo this
mounting and remove. Undo top mounting and remove. Undo exhaust bracket which bolts up to the outlet manifold. Remove radiator and make sure no wires or connectors are going to be affected by pulling the engine forward, if so disconnect them. And pull the engine twisting towards the front of the car at an angle. You will probably find either to trolley jacks are better at supporting the engine or two axle stands. Then you will have access to the inlet ports. I don't know what you actually intend doing, but you will also gain acess to the turbo as well.

Good luck

Kevin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts