Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very long shot here, but I've got a 2002 307 I left at home when I moved away, and the battery on the car has gone dead. Unfortunately, the physical key doesn't work on this car, so we have only ever used the electric key fob to unlock the car since I bought it.

Obviously now that the battery in the car is dead from inactivity, we have no way to unlock the car, to then release the bonnet catch, and get some jump leads onto the car to get it charged up so we can get rid of it.

Anyone got any ideas how we might either unlock the car, or ideally get access to under the bonnet from outside the car? Is there a manual release anywhere/has anyone had any experience forcing the bonnet catch open in the past.

Cheers.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Very long shot here, but I've got a 2002 307 I left at home when I moved away, and the battery on the car has gone dead. Unfortunately, the physical key doesn't work on this car, so we have only ever used the electric key fob to unlock the car since I bought it.

Obviously now that the battery in the car is dead from inactivity, we have no way to unlock the car, to then release the bonnet catch, and get some jump leads onto the car to get it charged up so we can get rid of it.

Anyone got any ideas how we might either unlock the car, or ideally get access to under the bonnet from outside the car? Is there a manual release anywhere/has anyone had any experience forcing the bonnet catch open in the past.

Cheers.
have a read here http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/407-41/key-sticking-door-not-opening-245074/

you could get a vehicle locksmith to pick lock open

you would pull top of door open and either pull inside handle (if it does not have deadlocks), put key on a wire and turn ignition on that will unlock doors, put a booster pack on starter motor live and any earth and then remote should work

·
11,775 Posts
I've seen the bonnet unlocked with a long screwdriver and pliers, but it caused some damage to the front grille.

Hopefully this thread will be a nudge for all members - check your key operates the lock a few times a year!

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I've seen the bonnet unlocked with a long screwdriver and pliers, but it caused some damage to the front grille.

Hopefully this thread will be a nudge for all members - check your key operates the lock a few times a year!
i recommend some oil in it and use it at least once a month

·
Registered
14,567 Posts
Easiest way is to connect jumpleads to positive on battery from underneath or possibly lead at starter or alternator this will power up the car but problem is because the battery has been allowed to go flat its highly likely the BSI has lost its memory meaning the remote might not even work anyway:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts