Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Peugeot 307 SW Auto / tiptronic. Normally there is a display on the dash indicating the gear you are in. D - Drive, P - Parked etc;
The dash display is just a hyphen( - ), ( no D, P, N or R) irrespective of what gear is selected. Drives but not as responsive as it should be.
When it is functioning correctly, and in P, there is a switch that is activated when the brake is pressed. I'm assuming that is a selector lock/unlock, to ensure that the brake is depressed before you put the car in a driving gear. However, when the fault manifests itself, this "click" is evident when the brake is depressed when in any gear selection. Odd.... but it might assist to narrow down the analysis.

I never changed t the gearbox fluid (ATF) running now for more than 80,000 km.

Any suggestions welcome as I'm out of my city and I need my car fixed in order to return home .
Is it safe to drive long distance with that symptom, usually I feel hard shift on first gear and on reverse.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks David for your quick answer. since I'm out of my city on a remote area, it is hard to find a place to diagnose my car, any personal experience or other ideas to try is welcome.

How often should I change my ATF ?
Thanks,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts