Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The gear change on my 308 can only be described as sloppy and loose. It never feels like gears engage properly, plus I can feel the stick lurch forwards and backwards when accelerating and decelerating. Reverse gear can be hit and miss too

·
Registered
127 Posts
Don't really agree with that jimmy,I have owned 307s and 308s and both were very good regarding the free play on the gear shift.If it were me I would have a check at the cable assembly,and also check the rear gearbox mount for movement.Other than that it could be general gearbox wear within.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm having the car looked at, at the garage I bought it from, as it's still under warranty. Few other things they're looking at, and the gear shift is one of them. I realised how bad it was, after I drove my old car (ford focus) to the scrap merchant's recovery vehicle. The focus gear change was how it should be, and not all loose.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Don't really agree with that jimmy,I have owned 307s and 308s and both were very good regarding the free play on the gear shift.If it were me I would have a check at the cable assembly,and also check the rear gearbox mount for movement.Other than that it could be general gearbox wear within.
I can only go on what I've driven, and Peugeots always seem to have/develop loose linkages. My 307 is the best I've felt in terms of Pugs, but the work car is shocking. :thumb:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, the mechanic at the garage I use, said it sounded like it could very well be the linkages. You'd have thought the French would get their act together, and iron out these 'well-known' faults

1 - 6 of 6 Posts