Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to do the clutch on the 307 2.0 petrol.

couldn't find a 307 vid on utube, not a decent one anyway so followed a 206 hdi one. found a written 307 one that's really aimed at a pro mechanic. whilst I am not a total noob I have never had to do a gearbox removal or clutch change before.

so the drive shafts are out, slave, linkages and starter are off, battery tray gearbox bolts etc and pin bolt for mount are off although pin is still on box.

according to the vid and article its just a case of pulling the box back a bit then twisting it to clear the sub frame. I can't seem to get the box far enough back so that it dis-associates itself from the engine.

is there a knack to this please or do I have to drop the sub frame?

any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes I have a trolley jack under the engine taking the weight and one just below the box but not supporting it to take the weight when its off

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
whoo hoo its out :D, after waiting for a day of no rain

that manual certainly helped, removing the motion limiter and dropping the engine slightly gave enough clearance to get the box far enough back.

box wasn't as heavy as I expected but getting it clear of the sub frame is a bit of a fiddle. if I do it again I will just drop the sub frame it will make the job easier.

the main problem I found was the cast iron bracket that rests in the sub frame, that was a real pita to get out.

release bearing was in bits :D plate fairly worn. be a while longer before its back on the road looks like a new fork is in order.

also noticed the slave drips fluid when suspended vertically, i'm guessing that's not right so have to order a new one of those too.

lowering the box with a crane would be easier than using a jack too I think

1 - 17 of 17 Posts