Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I recently seen posts on here regarding gearbox whining mine also whines and has done since brought the car (2003 307) will it be causing any damage? is it still ok to drive? and is it a big & expensive job to do? rough prices any info would be great cheers

·
Registered
53 Posts
mine does, thought it was clutch at first so had the clutch and flywheel changed and also new gearbox oil and still whines, the mechanics told me its the gearbox, wont cause no harm and still has plently of life,
i will exchange mine for another used 1 in the summer but for now ill put up with it.
there on ebay for around £200 used and £400 recon, cost of fitting i guess be around £150 from non dealer.
so its worth leaving it for as long as u can put up with it.

·
Registered
673 Posts
mine does, thought it was clutch at first so had the clutch and flywheel changed and also new gearbox oil and still whines, the mechanics told me its the gearbox, wont cause no harm and still has plently of life,
i will exchange mine for another used 1 in the summer but for now ill put up with it.
there on ebay for around £200 used and £400 recon, cost of fitting i guess be around £150 from non dealer.
so its worth leaving it for as long as u can put up with it.
just my 2pence worth......if you look on ebay theres a company offering them for £450ish fitted....mine is the same year and also has the same whine but ive been told to turn the radio up.... :) i'll wait till it smashes into a million little pieces then ill replace it....in the meantime pink floyd on the cd player does fine.....
:thumb:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just my 2pence worth......if you look on ebay theres a company offering them for £450ish fitted....mine is the same year and also has the same whine but ive been told to turn the radio up.... :) i'll wait till it smashes into a million little pieces then ill replace it....in the meantime pink floyd on the cd player does fine.....
:thumb:

comfortably numb :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts