Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I have searched for a detailed description on how to remove the gearbox but can't seem to find anything? Has anyone got any step by step instructions or any links would be appreciated:)

C

·
0 Posts
Sorry can't help, but to allow others to help please give more info on car.

Year, engine size, man or auto box etc......

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hi all I have searched for a detailed description on how to remove the gearbox but can't seem to find anything? Has anyone got any step by step instructions or any links would be appreciated:)
Removing a gearbox isnt the easiest of tasks on any car and tied to that the fact you are asking for a walkthrough i would pay someone to do it for you....:thumb:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Well, talking about it is always easier than doing it. Its more remembering where every bolt and plug went. We've just finished doing a Renault Trafic at work and it was a bitch. Damn thing is prone to getting air caught in the system and being a total summit to bleed out. We've had the gearbox out twice because of this and had to replace the slave cylinder in the gearbox and a lot of the pipe that goes from the brake reservoir to the clutch.

I hope for your sake you didn't do it on the floor, because that is just a total bitch. Love my two post and four post ramp at work. The two post is so useful.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh yes it was a nightmare, yes it was on axle stands :rolleyes: but job done and running sweet, all i can say is never again will i do anything like that again lol:lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts