Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have an 04 plate 2L Boxer. The speedo has packed up and I'm told that a candidate could be the gearbox mounted sensor.

My dealer has quoted over £100 for the sensor so I'm tempted to obtain either a new one off Ebay or a used one from the breaker networks. If it's reasonably easy to replace I'd do that too.

Has anyone done it and can advise? Where exactly is it and how accessable?

Thanks.

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
IF it has one it is in the rear end of the gearbox case where the drivers side shaft goes into the box above the shaft with a 3 wire plug going into it but it may not even have 1 as a lot of later stuff was driven from the ABS sensor if your van has ABS is the abs light on by any chance ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IF it has one it is in the rear end of the gearbox case where the drivers side shaft goes into the box above the shaft with a 3 wire plug going into it but it may not even have 1 as a lot of later stuff was driven from the ABS sensor if your van has ABS is the abs light on by any chance ?
Hi, I don't know if it has ABS. There certainly isn't an ABS light showing. The main dealer used the chassis number to determine the part required. He quoted me over £100 for the part but didn't give me a part number for it.

When it's light toorrow I'll try to see if I can see the sensor above the drive shaft.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts