Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi evryone,

I have 307sw 2004 Autogear, 110hp, 1600cc, made 170,000 km
I have a problem with the gear during summer. When I have to go during the hot weather (temp above 35 c), the gear performs bad. when i speed up above 100 km/hour it is ok but when i slowdown the prm jump and the gear goes to lower level (seems to be 2nd) after that when i tried to speed up again the gear does not go beond 2nd level unless the rpm goes above 4000 and then it jumps to the 3rd level but not smoothely and it does not go beyond that. the engine sound is too high. To overcome this problem I have to stop the car, switch it of for about 1 minute and then started it again then it works fine. the problem comes again and again when the speed reachs 90 km/hour and above and the same problem above repeated again. some one told me it is a sensor problem so brought the car to the agancy to replace two sensors but it does not work. others say it is related to autogear coolar and others said it is clutch problem. for me i did not think it is clutch problem.
can any help me specialy who has the same situation

thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
box

hi,,,the first thing to do is remove the oil cooler,look inside and check for paper like debris in it.
dependant on that as to the way forward.

toddy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
toddy2 said:
hi,,,the first thing to do is remove the oil cooler,look inside and check for paper like debris in it.
dependant on that as to the way forward.

toddy

meaning that i do not have to change the coolar
just remove the debris

thanks a lot

C

·
0 Posts
At that mileage I'd be looking to get the fluid pumped out and replaced. It can make a significant difference to the box's operation.

·
Registered
134 Posts
cooler

hi,,no i mean if you have debris in there,the box is all but scrap.
the torque convertor lock up plate will be failing,that is what the debris is.
toddy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
chopper1192 said:
At that mileage I'd be looking to get the fluid pumped out and replaced. It can make a significant difference to the box's operation.
Thanks for your advice.
May be it will make difference but I do not think it is the reason for this problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
toddy2 said:
hi,,no i mean if you have debris in there,the box is all but scrap.
the torque convertor lock up plate will be failing,that is what the debris is.
toddy
Does this model " 307 sw" have a gear oil filter. Where does it located? Should the gearbox be opened to change the filter if any?

·
Registered
155 Posts
m_khamis2002 said:
Hi evryone,

I have 307sw 2004 Autogear, 110hp, 1600cc, made 170,000 km
I have a problem with the gear during summer. When I have to go during the hot weather (temp above 35 c), the gear performs bad. when i speed up above 100 km/hour it is ok but when i slowdown the prm jump and the gear goes to lower level (seems to be 2nd) after that when i tried to speed up again the gear does not go beond 2nd level unless the rpm goes above 4000 and then it jumps to the 3rd level but not smoothely and it does not go beyond that. the engine sound is too high. To overcome this problem I have to stop the car, switch it of for about 1 minute and then started it again then it works fine. the problem comes again and again when the speed reachs 90 km/hour and above and the same problem above repeated again. some one told me it is a sensor problem so brought the car to the agancy to replace two sensors but it does not work. others say it is related to autogear coolar and others said it is clutch problem. for me i did not think it is clutch problem.
can any help me specialy who has the same situation

thanks
G'day Khamis,

This could possibly be a symptom of solenoid failure within the gearbox.
We had our solenoids replaced under an assistance scheme from Peugeot along with a fluid change and all was well again.
I could be wrong but I am led to believe that these 'Tiptronic' 4 speed boxes are made by ZF??

Cheers,
Peppipug

1 - 8 of 8 Posts