Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got an 02 plate307 2.0 hdi and i seem to have an oil leak from the gearbox, where do i check the gearbox level and how do i fill it up
Thanks

·
Registered
239 Posts
looking in the wheel arch passenger side you should see the filler nut mid way up the side of the tranny and the drain plug is near the drive shaft rear on the bottom where the drive shaft goes into the tranny,

to drain undo the rear drain bolt than to fill remove the filler nut and replace the drain plug then fill till it over flows then replace the filler nut.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Have you found exactly where the oils coming from? , make sure its not an oilseal on the driveshaft? you might have to replace that as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gearbox faulty - 307

Hi everyone,
I have just upgraded my old peugeot to 307 and was really happy with what I had got untill 10 days later I had a problem with the gearbox! I left home and drove normally through the 30miles roads then when joined A406 I need to accelerate in order to merge into current traffic. So then, I had this 'TUC' noise as if someone got behind me and then the triangle symbol with exclamation mark appeared on the dashboard and 'Gearbox Faulty' was read in the display instructions panel.
Took the car to the Peugeot Dealership and they carried out level 2 service. Amongst this problem, other things also appeared on the report, but regarding the gearbox, Peugeot would charge £117 to check gearbox oil condition, check oil level, check line pressures, check serial no, etc, but may require parts, that doesn't mean the problem is fixed it is just to check and find out where the problem is. I wonder, if anybody had this problem before? I read some posts saying that this is might be related to the pressure that needs to be looked into!?!?
Besides, does anybody know if I can sue the guy (private) who I got the car from? I am 100% sure he sold me the car knowing that there was a problem with the gearbox, so I'd appreciate if anybody could tell me if there is any law that protect buyers from this to happen??
thank you,
Cristiano

1 - 4 of 4 Posts