Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.... and now on the floor. :thumb: A bit awkward in places, but i did develop several new swear words in the process. :D

A vibrating clutch pedal forced an intimate examination of my 1.4 HDI and I found that the release bearing guide sleeve has snapped off near the base and the pressure plate diaphragm spring is also damaged.

Does the release bearing guide sleeve come with the clutch kit? I understand it does come with a the release bearing

I found it tricky wriggling the box out of the car and as a result it suffered a slight injury during its landing. The plastic bracket which holds the gear cables has two small nicks knocked off, but these are on the corner sections of both cable holders. I suspect the little metal spring holders will now not hold the cables in place too well.

My question is if i can just tie wrap these into position? Looking at them, the bracket's purpose is to stop the cable moving back and forward as the car changes gear and the clips just to stop it moving up. The integrity of the bracket is still good and the cable itself sits lower down in the bracket than the clip itself.

I tried to search this forum for tips on how to remove the gearbox, but couldn't find any. If anyone needs any tips/advice on how to do it, just let me know or bounce this thread back up.:)

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
it depends where the gear linkage plastic is broken

i did the same as you as its tight broken mine off. i did re secure it with ties and it seems fine. bit of glue as well

with the bearing guide you have to buy it seperate its avaliable in most places

1 - 2 of 2 Posts