Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dears does anybody know at how many km the gearbox oil should be changed as i made 77000km and they sait that they can not changed as the oil is burned any ideas?? And do you have any contacts for head office of peugeot un france??

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
If it's the AL4 automatic transmission it's filled for life. The ATF is only changed if there is a problem which requires the box to be drained.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
As said it does not need changing according to Peugeot but personally I'd get it done, most autobox reconditioners recommend fluid changes at 24K miles.
I change the fluid in my DPO transmission (very similar to the AL4 but in a Renault) every 30K miles. It works fine as a result even though its on 120K miles, DPO's are renown for failing much earlier mostly I suspect because the fluid is overworked. You won't believe the state of the fluid as it comes out of your trans.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Please read this from an expert on the AL4 box.

In summary:
The box needs to be dismantled to remove all the fluid. This is very expensive. If the box is functioning correctly, there is no need to do this. If the fluid appears black, burnt or has particles in it, it needs to be dismantled.

I have read elsewhere on that board (can't find it now) that it is not advised to drain a correctly functioning box, as that can make small bits from the brake surfaces enter the hydraulic control parts.

I suggest the OP posts on that board, giving all the details that they ask for, if he wants further guidance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts