Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Relatively new to the forum and have a query regarding my 2007 207gt with the thp engine. The car is manual but has an annoying habit of being difficult to pull off from a standstill smoothly as the engine hunts( revs up and down) when it’s being loaded up when releasing the clutch. A bit of investigation showed that when in reverse I didn’t have the same issue. It’s almost as though the throttle map was different for reverse. I plugged in diagbox and found that the gear position shows as neutral regardless of which gear is selected, except if in reverse.

The question really is whether there is a sensor that feeds back to the ecu that the car is in gear and the ecu modifies the map based off that? If so, where is that sensor?

Thanks
J

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the prompt reply

It’s weird then that the revs will actually rise for a given accelerator position when put into reverse. The search continues as to what may be causing the hunting. Generally at about the revs will jump from 1900-2050 rpm and back down again repeatedly and continue to do that under load even if the pedal remains in the exact same position. This doesn’t happen in reverse. Hoping it’s not timing related.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Its not weird the software does it for reverse so that its harder to stall when reversing a lot of cars raise revs when reverse is selected.

As for the hunting start at the plugs airfilter air intake pipework etc diagnostics might shed some light could be lambda struggling to maintain mixture etc these engines are a pain to get right but when they are right they are surprisingly good mines only ever went good when it rained :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts