Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2010 1.6 hdi 110 with 6 speed manual, I lost some gearbox fluid when changing struts so need to refill.

I can't seem to find the filler location, which I understand is a breather, and it's 17mm or 19mm plastic? I located the drain, but not the filler.

Any tips or pictures? I can't even seem to remove the battery tray completely as the wiring harness zip tie clips in the front won't come out no matter how hard I pull, but I can mostly see down there.

Thanks
Steven

·
6,586 Posts
This video shows the process, however if you get a long tube you can often take intake pipework/air filter out to get enough room to reach and remove plug.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the video, I hadn’t come across that one.

Mine is a bit different though, I’ve got the 9HR engine with 6 speed manual. I finally removed the battery tray and found the filler location.

It’s a round plastic cap that simply sits on the breather hole. It doesn’t fall off because the gear shift linkage sits only a few mm above it. I had to loosen 2 and remove one of the bolts holding the linkage adjuster cables to the gearbox in order to pry the cable up enough to get the cap out from underneath.

Hope this might help someone in the future

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts